Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it. I managed to sell my Raptor 250 this month and just yesterday I upgraded to this 2003 Raptor 660 Limited edition. It runs pretty strong and seems to be pretty good running wise, but its got its fair share of character marks in the cosmetic department. It needs a few things...For instance, new tires for sure, the front left rim has a wobble, one of my low beams doesn't work, and some other things. All in all, I am pretty dang happy with it. As for aftermarket, the only parts I see are the GYTR headlight shields and shock covers. Now that I'm making some money, I plan to show this thing some TLC :D All in all, I'm pretty dang happy with it!

Oh yeah...I was kind of thinking I had something pretty rare here. I have only seen a handful of LE's like these, but I have only seen blue flames. This is the only one like it I have seen on the forums and in real life. Any input on that?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
nice find i love those headlight covers.....the grab bar looks a little bent. is there any scrapes on the bottom side of it?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Looks like someones been doing wheelies and hit the grab bar a little too hard..

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it was like that when I bought it. The grab bar has about a 40 degree angle to it and the exhaust tip is bent up a little. But both of those pieces are going to be gone pretty soon.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I love the Red and Black. I want to do mine in black but $$$$ is stopping me lol. I need a set of Barker Duals for mine next but again $$$$ is a problem lol.

·
Registered
749 Posts
congrats on the buy!

my friend i grew up with used to have a brand new one with the blue flames. i've seen quite a few red flames, so i don't think it's that rare, but def not as common as the other colors. i think the blue flames were produced in the first part of the year, and then the red flames came out....or vice versa. actually, the most rare color i have EVERRR seen are the 660 limited editions..maybe 2005...with the camo hoods

ugh black plastic is the worst with showing scratches. maybe do a little research on the plastic renew stuff?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
congrats on the buy!

my friend i grew up with used to have a brand new one with the blue flames. i've seen quite a few red flames, so i don't think it's that rare, but def not as common as the other colors. i think the blue flames were produced in the first part of the year, and then the red flames came out....or vice versa. actually, the most rare color i have EVERRR seen are the 660 limited editions..maybe 2005...with the camo hoods

ugh black plastic is the worst with showing scratches. maybe do a little research on the plastic renew stuff?
I LOVE the 05 LE colors with the camo look. You don't see many of them thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Nice buy man. Is that the one that was in Syracuse that you were looking at?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks alot guys. Yeah, its the one from Syracuse. My preference was the camoflauge edition but I only found one, and they wanted $4,500! Ha! I really like the color scheme of it...I was planning on putting a graphics kit on but I actually really like it...I have a whole new thing of PC plastic renew, but I don't like "clear coat" as opposed to a polish or protectant of some sort. I used it on my 250's rear fender once, and it did look nice and shiny, its just that the stuff dried with marks in it and looked like I brushed it on. I also had issues with it flaking. I have a thread about this, can anybody help?

·
Registered
538 Posts
yeaa...nice buy and bike haha ...im sure u will enjoy it

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Thanks alot guys. Yeah, its the one from Syracuse. My preference was the camoflauge edition but I only found one, and they wanted $4,500! Ha! I really like the color scheme of it...I was planning on putting a graphics kit on but I actually really like it...I have a whole new thing of PC plastic renew, but I don't like "clear coat" as opposed to a polish or protectant of some sort. I used it on my 250's rear fender once, and it did look nice and shiny, its just that the stuff dried with marks in it and looked like I brushed it on. I also had issues with it flaking. I have a thread about this, can anybody help?
Sweet deal man, how long of a drive was it up to Syracuse to pick up the bike? Also, let me know what you figure out as far as getting your plastics in better condition, I need to do that to one of my bikes as well.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet deal man, how long of a drive was it up to Syracuse to pick up the bike? Also, let me know what you figure out as far as getting your plastics in better condition, I need to do that to one of my bikes as well.
It was about two and a half to three hours. I decided to rent a truck to take the trip, and they gave me a brand new 2011 Dodge Ram that was just manufactured this month and they picked it up from the dealer the same day:D I'm going to start looking into restoration ideas ASAP...I'm thinking of wetsanding all the way up to 2,000 grit to get it smooth, then using something like Mop-N-Glo.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Well at least they had good taste when they gave you a rental.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guess I'll have fun fixing it first...Its sputtering like one either the reverse or parking brake limiter problems. And now it won't start at all. And sounds like the one way is in the process of taking a shit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Guess I'll have fun fixing it first...Its sputtering like one either the reverse or parking brake limiter problems. And now it won't start at all. And sounds like the one way is in the process of taking a shit.
I have the same exact quad haha same color and all, I have all the GYTR goodies like the bumper and heelguards. Do not have the headlight deal though but I think it looks strange.

As for your problems when I got mine it did the same exact thing after maybe 2-3 days and it was the parking break so get rid of that first and see where it gets you. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the same exact quad haha same color and all, I have all the GYTR goodies like the bumper and heelguards. Do not have the headlight deal though but I think it looks strange.

As for your problems when I got mine it did the same exact thing after maybe 2-3 days and it was the parking break so get rid of that first and see where it gets you. Have fun with it!
Thats pretty cool man! Wish I could find some of those GYTR heelguards for mine. Also, yeah I looked into it and its the parking break. It is useless anyways and looks like hell on there...The newer lever style one looks much better, but either way I'm going to ditch it. And get a direct link shifter...This thing is rough and its super hard to find neutral a lot of the time. Also I think I might need a new clutch, or a clutch adjustment since when I start it in gear it lurches forward like its partially grabbing

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i have a camo hood im willing to sell ;)
If I had just a plain jane hood I would probably buy it. But its got a pretty sick carbon fiber one on it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts