Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a putt yesterday with my neighbor and his ute. He took me on some trails to check out some tree stands and said to make sure I brought a rope. I already had one packed because I knew it was going to be sloppy :grin_nod:. The muck holes were just that, pretty mucky with the water as high as my nerfs and the muddy slop barely steerable. My new Dirt Devils chugged right through in first or second, which BTW were much more useable gears with the 22" tires. At one point I lost momentum and came to a stop ( very briefly :eek: ) as I bottomed out my skid in the muck, but some side to side rocking and very little throttle had me chugging right out. I was pretty impressed and felt my old GNCCs would have slicked up and spun too much to allow for this slow of cruising through the muck. He was impressed, too and said he thought for sure we would end up using the rope on me. I could certainly feel the extra weight when the trail opened up though. Definitely harder to spin, which is kinda nice, but fishtailing and cornering were basically unaffected. It might have been the gearing change, too, but it was definitely different feeling.
Of course I was muddier than him, but only the bottom half of my legs. Those splash plates I made for my nerfs easily kept 80% of the crap off me. So today it's off to the car wash that right alongside the tracks I run down to get that stinky muck off it.

So far a pretty good December for being along Lake Erie :thumbsup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.