Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yesterday I picked up a really clean '08 se 700r. All stock with minimal time on it. extras are full skids, trailtech computer. My trip was fine until I started my truck to leave for home, it suddenly diedafter starting and once on the highway the engine rpm's where acting up for whatever reason 80 miles from home I just about crapped myself, I was able to get her home but it might be a fuel pump issue, idk, but I was just happy to make it home. here's a few pics of my new SE 700R.

Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

·
Registered
749 Posts
one of my fav color schemes and looks very low-hour! i really like my vapor computer. cool little gadget

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Drive that Raptor instead of your truck. You won't have to worry about the 700R breaking down on you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drive that Raptor instead of your truck. You won't have to worry about the 700R breaking down on you :thumbsup:
True, Yamaha Is more reliable than chevy, I must admit it Fordtough!! I always wanted the '09 se but the red on this '08 is sweet, and the vapor is a nice addition.

·
Registered
538 Posts
looks so cleeeeeeean

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Looks brand spanking new! Thats a great find. Great pics...

Now get rid of that stupid chev and get a good ford.

Sorry im a chev hater since my 06 cobalt SS. Peice o crap!!!

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
man that don't even look like they rode it . great fine !have fun.:D i see the trail tech vapor never thought of mounting it there. once your get some ride time on it .let me know if you like it there and can read it ! i been looking to get one .i know there great just on the mounting of yours .thank's

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once i find out the repair amount for my pos chev,y I'll consider getting mods on the quad, I'd like to get some Maxxis RAZR's, Exaust W/controller and maybe some nerfs and handlebars. I'll be doing a single pipe and will need to keep it under 96 dbs, dnr are very strict where i ride. No internal mods , Im happy with it stock but i know how much more fun a pipe can make it. we shall see.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Looks brand spanking new! Thats a great find. Great pics...

Now get rid of that stupid chev and get a good ford.

Sorry im a chev hater since my 06 cobalt SS. Peice o crap!!!
That's your fault for buying a Cobalt SS! Did you trade it for a Focus SVT or a Neon SRT? :D

To each his own man, you now know what you don't like.

Back on topic, that is a clean looking Raptor! Congrats on the score!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Looks well clean mate im a big fan of the SE3 colour scheme few of my mates have got them :cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought an '07 last yr and it was just as clean but wasnt an se. Buying new just doesnt make sense to me after finding the 2 clean raptors I had, 1/2 the price of new w/extras. I will have fun with her!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I bought my 06 just as clean and low-hour back in 08. I agree, sometimes there is no need to buy new!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Sometimes yes its good to buy used. But in my case i was thinking humm sport quad. Been abused, dident shift properly and somethins wrong, wrong oil used, bad fuel, rebuilt after crash and seller is a liar. It was sitting for way too long because he almost crashed and got scared? All things i tought about and finally told myself new would be better and less hasle. I take good care of my rappy but a used one humm was it cared for. I just dident want to find out the bad way! Sure i dropped some big bucks for it but man am i ever happy i did! Ill only buy used if i know the seller or if its a car other then that its new.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sometimes yes its good to buy used. But in my case i was thinking humm sport quad. Been abused, dident shift properly and somethins wrong, wrong oil used, bad fuel, rebuilt after crash and seller is a liar. It was sitting for way too long because he almost crashed and got scared? All things i tought about and finally told myself new would be better and less hasle. I take good care of my rappy but a used one humm was it cared for. I just dident want to find out the bad way! Sure i dropped some big bucks for it but man am i ever happy i did! Ill only buy used if i know the seller or if its a car other then that its new.
good point. Now days since dealers are literally giving new quads away, buying new isnt a bad idea. also being a sport quad, you can asure they were ridden hard, thats what they are made for/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts