Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new ride :)
It's a 2008 Road legal CRF 450R, I got it used but it's like new ! It has something like 20 hours. Got it with MX and supermoto tires and rims, with a HUGE 320 mm front rotor with 4 piston caliper :eek:

Insofar as I feel that my raptor with the mods below doesn't have enough power, I'm afraid of the stock power of the CRF. I just dont dare wide opening it lol. This thing will pull wheelies on any gear.
Now I know why dirtbikes are faster than me on the track :D

I'll take better pics later.

·
Registered
749 Posts
good buy!

my boyfriend has the '09 crf450r mx bike (of course not street legal) but those 450 bikes sure are powerful. be careful riding!

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone !
I was thinking of a bike for a while and didn't want anything else than a SM road legal bike.

Ya me too. If I were gonna get a bike, that would be what I was looking for. You can do so much more than with a crotch rocket or harley. Nice buy!
Yep, the previous owner had crotch rockets too, he told me that this bike was way more fun to rider.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Nice bike, you will enjoy it for sure. Real clean!

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks ! :)
Still debating if I put a dual gasser on it lol. Twist throttle is OK when sitting on the bike but damn I can't get use to it when I'm standing, I'm gonna crash when I'll ride on the mx track because of that for sure lol

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
I've heard of people just installing a thumb throttle and getting rid of the twist altogether it might be a good idea if your going back and forth between the quad and bike

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I saw some people doing that too, I'll go for the dual gasser.
Because yes, I still ride both back and forth.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice buy,,,,wheres all the vids at? gonna have some of the new bike?
lol
Vids are coming ! ;)
I'll make one of the bike with the SM tires and with the MX tires.

My longer wideo with quads & dirtbikes is coming too, but I'm not in tahiti at the moment, I'm in France so I can't make this video right now...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thats well smart mate that Brembo front brake is mahoosive I want one :cool:

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haven't got videos yet since I still haven't mounted the mx tires, I missed a part but will get it soon.

For the supermoto, I changed the ugly tail light for a small one, also put a supermoto front fender and small led flashers.
Today I tried to mount a dual gasser but the model I bought really sucks ! I got the cheapest one I've found (it's an ART, european brand) and it's sucks, the thumb throttle is super hard and the twist throttle will stay locked only 30 sec, then it unlocks with the vibrations.
So I've put back the stock twist, think I'll get a simple thumb throttle, I don't like the twist feeling for wheelies.

Didn't took pics neighter, I only have one with me behind it, trying to be a badass with the rockstar casual wear :D:D
Just look the bike :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts