Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put DMC Comp 4's full system duals on my Raptor 700 and have the DMC EFI Controller with a uni filter. I am wondering what my next mod should be. I am new to all of this and dont know how to do much. I am trying to learn all this stuff. I am looking for mods that are fairly easy to install. Any ideas???

Thanks!

·
The All American
401 Posts
whats the budget and is the goal to just go fast?

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
If you're big into trails, making the bike +4" wider all around makes a night and day difference, and you shouldn't have much trouble since it's all pretty simple.

Or a steering stabilizer is good if you do higher speed rides.

A nice steering anti vibe stem with bitchin grips makes life easier.

Like OutBackWelding said, it's all about what you do the most. A piston and a cam make a big difference, and isn't too hard if you've done other motor stuff before.

Of course.... you could do a turbo kit :D

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Just ride it man, ride as much as you can and the answer will come to you
+1

Man get out and RIDE! After I did my big three I focused on upgrading the suspension by have the the stock shocks rebuilt/revalved/resprung. HUGE difference that helped me to put the power I was making to the ground and control it better in the woods and on the trails. I'm getting through the trails MUCH faster now and in some cases, too fast. The turns are coming up much faster now :eek:

Now if your interested in going really fast then HC3 for starters would be my guess. Thats something you can do yourself.

Did I mention ride? :D

·
The All American
401 Posts
I agree also, with the big 3 and putting a 13t front sprocket on mine it goes as fast as I can manage through the woods. Many times I have a problem of lifting the front end up when im turning because the tires hook up so well! just g et fast on it until you cant stand it anymore! I had my 660 with just exhaust and rejetted for the longest time, then the addiction started. control arms shocks axle rims tires handlebars steering stems stabilizers. its a disease.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ride mostly trails in the woods. Would like to get out on a track and maybe start hitting some jumps, but I just havent had the time to get out there yet. Yes I just like going fast and I like tourqe. The exhaust and EFI controller made a HUGE difference and now I want more hahaha the addiction has started! By extending my swinger, will that make it hard to do wheelies??? If I decided to put new cams and pistons in would I need to get a PC3 to replace my EFI Controller? Does the 13t front sprocket make a big difference?

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Any intake is good for dusty conditions as long as you maintain it just depends on what you want there's quite a few to choose from, if you like going fast i don't think you'll like the 13 tooth, it'll make youll accelerate harder but you'll lose your top end speed and do a lot more shifting, the stock gearing worms really well

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
+1 should be first mod always
Not always, depends on the situation. I've seen guys with a ton of power and stock suspension not be able to keep up on nasty trails, and then there's the guys at the dunes that spend their money first on suspension and are weighed down the whole time and have trouble running with the built guys on fast rides.

may be a stupid question haha when you say +1 what do you mean?
+1 just means someone agrees with the post they quoted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.