Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:

Yesterday I take out my one 700 and during my pre-ride check I discover the oil tank is leaking at the seam.

This thing is hardly ridden and there is not a single mark on the tank anywhere. Only thing I see is oil leaking . :3question:

The thing is out of warranty, but I will ask my dealer about it any way.

If I have to buy a new aluminum tank, what kind are any of you running and where did you get it?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Had the same problem with my 660, lasted 2-3 years though.

CFM and UM are extremely popular. CFM is availible in some online stores and direct from them on ebay. UM products are sold at rockymountain and a number of online retailers.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Just checked mine, no signs of leaking. But it does look like crap. It looks like the black paint or whatever is on there is coming off in patches. I have no clue as to why. Oh well, best keep it covered with mud then lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maddog, thanks I will check into them. Just hate that something like this has happened for no apparent reason except poor construction. Hope it does not happen to my other quad.

Tiggy, clean your tank off real good and ride it a bit. Long enough to get the oil good and hot. Then check for leaks. It may be leaking and that may be what is causing your paint to come off.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Once I get it back together again, I'll do that. Finally getting some nice weather and I've got mine on stands! arghhh

can't win for loosing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts