Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend I had the chance to finally face another quad with any chance of hanging with me. My friends new stock raptor. We raced several different ways and I always came out on top. It was accross a field that was about 150 - 200 yards. I have the three mods (in my sig.)and the 15T. I would generally be anywhere from 1 to 3 quad lengths in front. Third seemed to be the gear that I would start pulling on him and then it wouldn't stop. Does this seem about right for my mods. I am not big on drag racing, much more into trails. I can leave him so far behind I can't see him anymore in the trails which is what I really care about, but I just would like to know what the DRAG guys have to say. Basically I want to know if my mods were worth it from a drag standpoint.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds about right. My buddy had a stock 700 and I would just leave him. He would get pissed cuz we had the same quad ( I had the 4 mods though). He got exhaust, controoler, and a 15t and now its a lot closer. "I get mods... he get mods... what an asshole" (from Borat).

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good. Can anyone who has duals tell me if they are that much further out in front of a stock raptor in a drag. Thats of course with the basic 3 or 4 mods.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Come on people I would really like the viewpoint from someone who drags a lot. I am pretty sure this is what is to be expected, but I would like to hear if others with mods are about the same out in front of a stock raptor. Also would like to know if the duals are putting you more than three lengths out in front of a stock raptor.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well, good question in my situation My buddy and I now have the same mods. He had the mods first, but we raced all the time I only had the gytr filter and lid removed sparkaresstor removed. he had duals filter, pcIII. Don't get me wrong we are old guys and have been drag racing a long time. I would allways run even with him or one bike in front or behind. we allso live at 6000 ft above sea level. :eek: I have since then did the P&P along with a cam duals 12-1 piston PC III and a custom dyno map and its not even close any more. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts