Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a big gun power box on my 2020 700r and looked up the correct tunes for it and put them on it now it wont go past 20 mph. Whenever I'm in first it doesn't accelerate fast at all and its basically the same for the rest of the gears. I push in the throttle and i give it about 25% throttle then it sounds like I'm reving it in neutral. I have no clue what is wrong with it and i tried to set the settings back but the same thing happens. I don't know if its a mechanical issue or if it has something to do with the power box. Please help.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Emergency brake off? Remove the power box completely and hook it back to OEM, what happens? Did you also confirm you connected the box correctly, there is a couple connectors that are very similar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Emergency brake off? Remove the power box completely and hook it back to OEM, what happens? Did you also confirm you connected the box correctly, there is a couple connectors that are very similar.
the emergency brake is off and Ill go try and disconnect it and go back to oem and see if that fixes the problem. I also installed it correctly.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
It should run better just in stock form if indeed it is the controller. Is the bike completely stock at this point?

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Ok, I looked at the website for that, ya those are super easy to hook up vs a Power Commander. When you start it up, do the lights go to solid green?

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
My bad, should be a slow steady flashing green

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
So for mode 1 you are solid green with very little fuel. Put mode 1 to setting 4 and start from there. I am also watching the power box 101 video to comprehend this as well. What is settings for mode 2?

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Set mode 2 to setting 3. Drive it and report back. We will work a setting at a time. Mode 2 will affect your mid range throttle, which sounds like is the main problem.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Not a problem. Just keep reporting back to this thread and we can get you squared up. I used a similar style on my wife’s Raptor before going power commander. Just takes some seat Time after each adjustment. We can work one thing at a time, go one direction and ride. If it’s worse, go the other direction.

Reactions: Rapty and Trev

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is slipping. Check your clutch cable adjustment, there should be some freeplay at the lever. If not, then the clutch is slightly being pulled causing it to slip

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

• Helpful
Reactions: morphrider

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not a problem. Just keep reporting back to this thread and we can get you squared up. I used a similar style on my wife’s Raptor before going power commander. Just takes some seat Time after each adjustment. We can work one thing at a time, go one direction and ride. If it’s worse, go the other direction.
I just unplugged the power box and it still wasn't going fast. I saw 4stroker4lifes post and I adjusted the clutch cable and it now runs fine. Thank you for all your help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts