Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was just curious yesterday at how fast my quad would top out at, so i got my cousin to ride beside me on his suzuki tl1000 street bike, and when he told me how fast i was running it really surprised me...i was topping out between 93-95mph....the only work i have done is barker duals, k&n velocity intake (no airbox), ehs racing programmer, 15t sprocket....before any mods i was topping out at about 82....so i was very pleased to be breaking 90+mph....we also tested my buddies trx450r with sparks exhaust intake jetted and cam...it only topped out at 75...along with a 300ex with same mods minus the cam...it hit 60mph with 2ppl on it haha

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most bikes are off. You need the speedo healer to get it corrected and have it set properly. I know my 2008 zx10r was off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
mmm..I have the same bike and same mods (monsters not barkers though) and there is no way I can get anywhere near to 150 km/ph. I am way wider than stock too and at 120km/ph, close to my Vapor verified top speed (notoriously inaccurate), she is twitching all over the road and trying to blow me off the back. Can't imagine how you handle such higher speeds on a stock bike.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The street bike could be running different gearing, causing the speedo to be off.

I could see his 700R doing 95 if he added a cam and piston and disabled the speed sensor.

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
The street bike could be running different gearing, causing the speedo to be off.

I could see his 700R doing 95 if he added a cam and piston and disabled the speed sensor.
No matter the mods, piston/cam etc its not going to change the top speed. Only thing actually changing the speed is the speed sensor because it lets you rev out longer. Same gear, same size tires, same RPMs, no matter what mods you put on that bike its not going any faster unless it actually raises the rev limiter.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
ahhh I'm not seeing eye to eye with you on that... The OP has a 15T sprocket, so his gearing is already changed.....

I have experience with speed runs on my old 700R...pipe/intake/pc3/piston/cam/speed sensor unplugged. It ran 102 MPH on the dyno with a 15T. And did 95 MPH with my gps... 20" tires.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
No matter the mods, piston/cam etc its not going to change the top speed. Only thing actually changing the speed is the speed sensor because it lets you rev out longer. Same gear, same size tires, same RPMs, no matter what mods you put on that bike its not going any faster unless it actually raises the rev limiter.
I do no agree witth that at all. If I had 12/42 gearing, and 18" tires it would have the top speed of a 15/36, and 22" tires?

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
If the bike can hit the rev limiter in 5th gear no matter how many mods you keep adding its not going to go any faster. Unless you change gearing or tire size. When you said adding a cam/piston your trying to make it sound like those 2 mods would actually do something to the top speed but they wont.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am running a 15t sprocket with 20' tires....and i'm not saying that the bikes speedo was 100% accurate....but im just telling you what it read....i highly doubt the speedo is off that bad....like i said the built 450r hit 75mph along with a 300ex hitting 60mph...those sound like pretty correct speeds to me, so i imagine i was pretty close to the 93-95mph range....i know yall find it hard to believe, but so did i, thats why i posted this thread haha

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Do you even read? I said SAME TIRE, SAME GEARING, SAME RPMS
Not sure why you brought up same gearing when you quoted me on the previous page.

Do YOU read?

The first post states he has 15T front sprocket.. Looks like gearing isn't the SAME (stock)

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I read it, but from how you said it, it made it sound like the only way you can gain top speed is by the speed sensor.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
i am running a 15t sprocket with 20' tires....and i'm not saying that the bikes speedo was 100% accurate....but im just telling you what it read....i highly doubt the speedo is off that bad....like i said the built 450r hit 75mph along with a 300ex hitting 60mph...those sound like pretty correct speeds to me, so i imagine i was pretty close to the 93-95mph range....i know yall find it hard to believe, but so did i, thats why i posted this thread haha
Is the speed sensor unplugged at all?

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
Not sure why you brought up same gearing when you quoted me on the previous page.

Do YOU read?

The first post states he has 15T front sprocket.. Looks like gearing isn't the SAME (stock)
Your point being? I said same gearing never said same as stock. I'm refering to him running the same gearing he is. Adding mods isnt going to change top speed unless your bike isnt powerful enough to hit the rev limiter. Your telling him to add a piston and cams when in reality that isnt doing shit because the mods he has now is more than enough to hit the limiter in 5th. The only thing that actually would have done something in your advice was the speed sensor.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Your point being? I said same gearing never said same as stock. I'm refering to him running the same gearing he is. Adding mods isnt going to change top speed unless your bike isnt powerful enough to hit the rev limiter. Your telling him to add a piston and cams when in reality that isnt doing shit. The only thing that actually would have done something in your advice was the speed sensor.
Removing the speed sensor, adding a cam/piston doesn't do shit? ???

1 - 20 of 38 Posts