Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My rear brake disk is bent, what should i do? [VIDEO ADDED]

so ive just noticed that my rear disk brake is bent and when the wheels spin it is going side ways.
i did not feel a thing while braking and its not effecting my ride, is it critical to fix? can it cause damage?

if so how can i fix it? thankyou!:p

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i think it is just the rotor that is bent, i dont need to replace the whole caliper do i?

·
Registered
229 Posts
oh yeah i meant rotor not caliper. You probably should pick up new pads as the old ones were most likely worn from the bent rotor hitting them every time they passed.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yup, like everyone it saying, new rotor & pad's. I had the same problem with my 660 a few weeks back. I got a vented rotor of Ebay & a set of kevlar pads..All is fine..

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Once you get a new rotor and pads, get a nice swing arm plate like a prm .250 z plate or any thing that's 1/4" thick. It will save your new rotor and pads.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
actually i have this Pro armor skid plate:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg195/scaled.php?server=195&filename=10553016.jpg&res=medium

i dont know since when the rotor got the bent, could it be that the skid plate failed?

and also i think the chain is rubbing the skid plate but there is like a custom plastic on it where the chain sits, is it supposed to be that way?
It's better than the stock one but you can't tell the thickness of it by looking at it. By what your saying it sounds like It's bent. The prm one is the toughest.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so i took a video of the rotor spinning, it is in 1st gear with the clucth out and no throttle.

i looks like the whole caliper is moving because of the disc is bent, what do you say? is there a problem with the caliper too?

so should i replace the disc and pads?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
so i took a video of the rotor spinning, it is in 1st gear with the clucth out and no throttle.

i looks like the whole caliper is moving because of the disc is bent, what do you say? is there a problem with the caliper too?

so should i replace the disc and pads?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35F8yBJiyc0
The caliper is supposed to move a bit on the bracket. They have pins or (sliders) like that of a modern truck or car that alow the caliper to float as the pads ware.
Just replace your rotoe & pads...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
The caliper is supposed to move a bit on the bracket. They have pins or (sliders) like that of a modern truck or car that alow the caliper to float as the pads ware.
Just replace your rotoe & pads...
+1. Pads and rotor................:)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
And just a heads up: you might need to heat or grind the head off on the 4 allen head bolts on the rotor to take them off, this has been the case with mine both times. As for disc I like the Tusk wave rotor from RMATV.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
as long as the wear is even on both sides you will be good. like rappy said, heat the 4 allen bolts to make getting that disc off easier. i chose not to and ended up stipping one of the heads so i just decided to buy a used rotor hub instead.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts