Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!
This thing is scary fast and I never got out of 2nd gear :lol: I hate to think what 5th gear would feel like. So were driving home in the truck and I turn to the wife and said "maybe I got one with too big of motor", then the more I thought I figure, bigger is better right :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
287 Posts
CONGRATS!!! You're gonna love it. I hope you have an understanding wife, because you'll have a pile o' $$$ into this thing in NO TIME!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Congrats man, enjoy!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Markcuda,...I just bought the same one....well not the same one..but the same machine..lol...last week..and I live in Farmer City...Where do ya ride at....I dont plan on doing much modifying of it, other than protection....I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that it has plenty of power for my style of riding....I like controllable power..not instanton..and instantoff...Let me know your riding areas, and maybe we can ride sometime..later

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sweet, like the blue. Your smiling in almost every pic, congrats and enjoy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats on the purchase :thumbsup: Nice old Ford ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
ya, I been there,..dont really care for it though...its not a bad place to ride...just not my style...plus...it aint a holiday for me..sorry to say...lol...have a good time..

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
congrats!, i need a seat like that one for my rappy, i like the colors

·
Registered
200 Posts
Markcuda said:
AND LET THE MODDING BEGIN
Ok, I got a stupid question here.
With the quad being so fast in stock form, why in the world would I want to mod the motor? 8)
.........Because you can!....... ;)
Seriously though, I think a lot of us are happy with just the 3 mods. I know I am. Thats why I bought a bigger bike to begin with so I wouldn't need to go into the motor to get any real power.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I didnt care for the badlands because their was no rhyme or reason to the trails...you never knew who or what you would encounter on the trails...plus..I dont care for the sand that much...going fast in the sand was not my style of riding..they do have wood trails, but it seemed they were way mudded out by the jeeps, trucks..etc...I like woods riding, the tighter and more technical the better..it doesnt take a lot of skill to pin the throttle and ride a road,,or the sand,,or a logging trail...in myopinion...dont get me wrong,,if its all you got..its better than riding in your yard...plus the sand seemed to get into everything,,bearings, chains, air boxes..etc...granted..I have not been there for a couple of years..so maybe its better...There is a spot down by Taylorville, that is closer to you and i believe has better trail riding...Badlands, will take you probably best part of two hours to get there from your town, but Taylorville will be only just over an hour...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.