Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so out at the track fri night... chain slipped off and caught caught in the drive sproket... i didnt know... hit the throttle fucked my tranny up... i need to fix it by april 3rd...

i know everyone says the 01 trannys are no good but i have a complete stock 01 bottom end sitting in my garage...

the question is can i put an 01 bottom end on an 02 raptor 660?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also is there anyway i can check this 01 bottom end to see if the tranny works other then splitting the cases and looking at the gears?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
also is there anyway i can check this 01 bottom end to see if the tranny works other then splitting the cases and looking at the gears?
You haft to split your case & look at the gear's & dog's & what not.The 01 trans is known to be bad on some modles (mainly 2nd gear) I am runing my stock 01 tranny, I had the entier motor apart & went over everything. All looked great, I hade spent so much $$ on my motor that I desided to skip the 02+ upgrade. If I haft to tear her down again in the future (near or far) so be it.. I don't see why you couldent switch top end's & bottom end's around., Just don't use unmatched case's or head & valve cover's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts