Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was loading the raptor into the back of the truck and once I got to the top and back tires shot the ramp off and I came straight down. First thing to hit was my back, then my head. Then the rappy came on top of me then rolled off to the side. I had to lay there for about 5 minutes wondering if I should get up. After a few slow breaths an walking around a little it was time to check the raptor's damage.

Headlight broken, all body plastics scared, scraped, and bent. Rear grab bar scraped and bent, park brake wont engage. I have not driven it yet to see if anything is out of aline. My ATV ramp broke as well, both hooks broke and bent out of shape.

Where is the best place to order plastics for the rappy and what color would you guys suggest, I really! like black but is there a way to keep it looking good???
Should I try to buy another headlight or should I get aftermarket ones, if I get aftermarket lights what are some good ones to get?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yellow is the best!!!! lol. as for the headlight it depends what your trying to acheive. a stock replacement is about $18-$25 depending on what dealer you buy from

G

·
I hope you are ok!

I have white maiers on mine from RMATV. They hide damage very well. The downside to the maiers is the hardware you have to use in order to put your plastics on. Also, they are not the best fitting.

If you do alot of night riding then replace the lights, if not just go stock...

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Damn that sucks out loud !!

For colors I like blue, black, or white..I've had good luck with Moto-Man.com but have not tried them for plastics..I think it was Baja Designs that had some pretty cool aftermarket light set-ups.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oh man that sucks :banghead:
Did you have the ramps secured to the truck with straps?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea it was a secured ramp, it was kinda short (64 inches long) and I guess all the torque from the rearwheels got the best of it and right as I reached the top it lauched the ramp off and down I came with the raptor, I'm going to be soar in the morning!!!

I could not find any plastics at moto-man? ::)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Damn Machy...I was kinda hoping the ramp wasn't secured. I'm used to dring my 4X4 up the ramps in 4wheel drive without an issue but driving up with the beast has me a little worried. But I had some 79" arched ramps thrown in with the deal.
Good luck with the repairs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear man!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Machy said:
yea it was a secured ramp, it was kinda short (64 inches long) and I guess all the torque from the rearwheels got the best of it and right as I reached the top it lauched the ramp off and down I came with the raptor, I'm going to be soar in the morning!!!

I could not find any plastics at moto-man? ::)
not sure what happened there....... :3question: :3question:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Machy, who is that in your avatar ?? I've been trying to figure that out for the longest time..... :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Big Mike said:
Rapt0rMan said:
the red baron...
serious :3question: :3question:

Yep, apparently they're twins ;)

Sorry to hear about the wreck Machy, I'm always afraid to load a bike into a tall truck or trailer like that with a removeable ramp. OEM plastic isn't really much different in price from aftermarket, actually Fullbore is sometimes more. My black stopped being shiny long ago but I still like it.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Rapt0rMan said:
Well, the name is Manfred von Richthofen who flew the red baron...
ok......thanks for the history lesson :thumbsup:

My first wild guess was the Desert Fox.... :confused: maybe I should have payed closer attention in history class.. :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to hear that man at least your ok. Yeah loosing a ramp like that sucks ive had it happen to me one time at a car wash on cement but luckly my back tires were on the tail gate and it shot both of them off. My ramps are way to short for my 3/4 ton 4x4 dodge and it's stock height. Im not goin lie i get scared loading sometimes cause you hear the horror stories of people shootin them out like that.

good luck and hope the rappy is ok driving wise

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I used to make fun of my friend for taking the time to strap his ramps everytime he loaded until another friend told me about his buddy shooting the ramps out. I would hate to have this heavy ass raptor land on me. Especially if I wasnt even doing anything impressive at the time :lol:

I always strap mine down now, kinda sucks to hear it happened even when they were properly secured.

Glad you're ok tho man! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My current ramp is 65 inches long and it doesn't have the straps, there are little cables with hooks that go around the tailgates cables. After I fell, both of the hooks were completely gone, I just ordered a 85 inch ramp and it has the straps. Hopefully this never happens again, very soar this morning. My whole back and butt are bruised but it should have been worse! ( 4ft. fall with 400lbs on top of you )

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.