Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST BOUGHT A NOS KIT FOR MY O7 RAPPY. DOES N-E ONE KNOW HOW MUCH YOU CAN ACTUALLY SPRAY THEM?? EVERY BODY AROUND HERE SAYS PUT A 10-15 SHOT ON IT AND IT WILL BE FINE..IT IS A DRY SHOT..HAS N-E ONE EVER PUT THIS ON THEIR QUAD?? NEED SOME INFO N-E WILL HELP....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that what you run all the time or just on special occasions...how often do you use it?? does it do fine with the 20 or do you have a special tune for it...

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you do not have a fuel controller that automatically compensates with more fuel when you are on the bottle you will run lean temporarily. I run a bossnoss system and it is a 20hp shot. Would not go higher than that with stock rod and crank. It is just for dragging the proverbial "special occasion". I don't use it much.

Craig,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HEY CRAIG, I HAVE A DYNOJET PROGRAMMER ON MY BIKE BUT IT HAS BEEN DYNO TUNED.. I WAS WUNDERING IF I SPRAY IT WOULD IT REALLY RUN TOO LEAN, BEING THAT IS DYNO'ED ALL READY????

·
Registered
902 Posts
Dry shots. . . Dang. . . you guys are crazy!!!

Yes, if you inject Nitrous (any amount) you are lean. . . You are tuned for the atmospheric air. . . if you add more oxygen in the form of nitrous, you are going to be lean!

How does the Boss Noss system work? Can you use their controller with the PowerCommander? Almost like you need two fuel curves and need to be able to switch the curves as you hit the nitrous button. . . Can the stock injector keep up with the fuel demands of an additional 20HP?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Did you buy a kit for a Raptor or did you buy one of the universal kits? The dry 'kits' will have some method of enrichment.

On a car the dry kits will up the pressure on the fuel rail or on the more basic kits they inject the N20 upstream of the air meter.

You need to add fuel someplace.

Shawn

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I GUESS WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS WILL THE DYNOJET PROGRAMMER COMPENSATE FOR THE FUEL NEEDED,WITHOUT ANY OTHER TUNE??? I HAVE A UNIVERSAL KIT BY N.O.S............ :thumbsup:.........

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
2slow4u said:
I GUESS WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS WILL THE DYNOJET PROGRAMMER COMPENSATE FOR THE FUEL NEEDED,WITHOUT ANY OTHER TUNE??? I HAVE A UNIVERSAL KIT BY N.O.S............ :thumbsup:.........
I sense a un-healthy back fire in your future.

Where are you getting your jetting for 20hp? From the kit? On what, a small block Chevy? It does make a difference.

You could do a safe N20 tune on the PCIII but then it will be fat when you aren't on the spray. The PCIII isn't going to adjust anything for you. In general, dry kits suck. They are nice for people who want to quickly take the kit on and off a car (rental car thrashing?). They are easier to install but are much more dangerous.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Sorry i should have explained more. The system i have ran is boondockers and it was on a yfz450 so its carburated. The system pressurizes the float bowl to increase the fuel flow. So yes it is a dry shot, but then again it also delivers more fuel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i am getting the the pill numbers from a local bike speed shop..not real sure where he got them from though..but he has been working on bikes for a while now..... ;)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ok - what kit do you have?

This seems to be the 'right' kit for the job:
http://www.holley.com/03001NOS.asp

I Noticed that all of thier ATV / Motorcylce kits are wet systems (good reason for it ;) ).

They also sell a Dry kit to wet kit upgrade kit:
http://www.holley.com/0031NOS.asp

or do you have something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ATV-Quad-Sneaky-Pete-Mini-Nitrous-Kit-w-5-NOS-Refills_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43979QQihZ012QQitemZ220107149299QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

or this:
http://www.bbmotorsports.com.au/prod3059.htm

You will need to enrich somewhere. If you go slightly fat on your tune you could probably get away with just adding Nitrous. The problem is you make the bike run like crap 95% of the time for is to haul that last 5%.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IT LOOKS LIKE THE SNEAKY PETE KIT BUT WITH A 2LB BOTTLE....I TALKED TO A GUY THAT WORKS A HOLLY, AND HE SAID JUST USE A 16 PILL SIZE FOR A 10 SHOT. HE SAID IT WILL BE FINE AS LONG AS I HAD A POWER COMMANDER...SO I DONT KNOW.. ::)......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I GOT IT HOOKED UP AND RICHEND UP MY FUEL AND SHE RUNS GREAT....IT DOSENT BUST UP OR NOTHING, IT IS LIKE IT WAS MEANT TO BE ON THERE... :metal:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts