Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I run one of the 2 stroke ones in a kx85. One of the best looking pistons I have ever used. Did well but Its junk now. Was my fault due to improper jetting and it siezed in 6th gear wide open lol. I wouldn't be afraid to try one.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run one of the 2 stroke ones in a kx85. One of the best looking pistons I have ever used. Did well but Its junk now. Was my fault due to improper jetting and it siezed in 6th gear wide open lol. I wouldn't be afraid to try one.
Yea I've seen them alot for 2 strokes but wasn't sure. Thanks

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Found a piston for my Fianc'es bike since the "good" cyl I had rusted and has some pits.

Has anyone ever used them, I've heard of them but you always hear Wiesco and JE, I'm just needing a reliable 102 piston w/o breaking the bank since I'm building 2 Raptors and a Banshee.

LINK TO PISTON
I don't have first hand experience with the Namura Raptor 660 piston, but they seem to work great in the 440ex big bore kits we sell. We have 4 pistons in stock for the Raptor 101.5 bore at 80.00 a piece shipped to the lower 48 states.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
A piston is an important part to save a few bucks on. I wouldn'd consider a cast piston. Forged is the only way to go.

There are plenty of banshee guys over on BHQ that will tell you about Namura piston skirts breaking.

Is it cheaper to build the engine once or twice?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts