Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve spent the past year building a light bike with a ton of power for my girlfriend to start drag racing. It’s nearly done, so now my attention has shifted to keeping her safe. I’m looking for info on neck braces.

Any to avoid?
Any you recommend?

I’ve seen some of the leatt gpx series, they seem pretty nice.

·
Super Moderator
7,811 Posts
High marks go to leatt. I have never worn one myself but am thinking about purchasing one also. Maybe head to a dealership to test fit them, then buy from on line store.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
High marks go to leatt. I have never worn one myself but am thinking about purchasing one also. Maybe head to a dealership to test fit them, then buy from on line store.
That’s on the agenda for today.

·
Super Moderator
7,811 Posts
You have dealers open on a Sunday? Around here they have Sundays and Mondays as closed. Except for 1 shop down South, they are open Monday.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have dealers open on a Sunday? Around here they have Sundays and Mondays as closed. Except for 1 shop down South, they are open Monday.
A few. I’m heading to the coast today, gonna check out the storm. The dealer in Florence is open Sundays. It’s a busy place year round and the closest Yamaha/Polaris/ktm dealer to a major riding area.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,595 Posts
Leatt of course is top of the line and I considered their chest protectors but bought a different brand. My wife has weak neck muscles and I bought her a Simpson neck brace, (ring) used by car racers. It supports the helmet on the shoulders. It's outdated for racing but it works well for us. If you/she would like to try it, get with me at the rally.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leatt of course is top of the line and I considered their chest protectors but bought a different brand. My wife has weak neck muscles and I bought her a Simpson neck brace, (ring) used by car racers. It supports the helmet on the shoulders. It's outdated for racing but it works well for us. If you/she would like to try it, get with me at the rally.
Thanks, we’re going to have to find something before then. I’ve asked in a few places and get the same answer from everyone, leatt 5.5 or 6.5. There’s a shop in town that stocks both, so we’ll check in there to see what fits with our helmets. Stopped by Florence Yamaha today and she tried on a leatt 5.5 in the s/m size. It seemed to fit pretty well, and might be perfect with some adjustments.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,595 Posts
Thanks, we’re going to have to find something before then. I’ve asked in a few places and get the same answer from everyone, leatt 5.5 or 6.5. There’s a shop in town that stocks both, so we’ll check in there to see what fits with our helmets. Stopped by Florence Yamaha today and she tried on a leatt 5.5 in the s/m size. It seemed to fit pretty well, and might be perfect with some adjustments.
I'll be in Springfield for a wedding mid February and stop at Cuervo for a dyno on my 700. I'll be in the area for a few days and can bring it before the rally.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be in Springfield for a wedding mid February and stop at Cuervo for a dyno on my 700. I'll be in the area for a few days and can bring it before the rally.
Oh cool. I might take you up on that then.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended up getting leatt gpx 5.5 neck braces. They fit with all our helmets, plenty of range of motion, very comfortable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts