Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some 2+ a arms, I dont have any preference on what brand I just want a god deal and they don't have to be top notch quality. Also what do you do about the grease nipples after instal?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well i have some very good quality a-arms for a GREAT price. I have i-shock a-arms in stock. I can get you a great deal ...... +2 A-arms, ball joints, extended tie rods, and a ball joint press tool ....... $475.00 shipped. this kit retails for $659.99. If you want 4 billet brake line clamps and extended steel braided brake lines add $100.00.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would I need the brake lines, I thought some guys say +2 is ok for the stock lines, am I wrong? also I am guessing the stock shocks on my 06 wont do so great with the new a-arms, or am I wrong about that too...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
FUELATV said:
Well i have some very good quality a-arms for a GREAT price. I have i-shock a-arms in stock. I can get you a great deal ...... +2 A-arms, ball joints, extended tie rods, and a ball joint press tool ....... $475.00 shipped. this kit retails for $659.99. If you want 4 billet brake line clamps and extended steel braided brake lines add $100.00.

WWW.FUELATV.COM
Wow, sounds like a helluva deal!! I might just be looking your way when I decide to get I-shocks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
those fullflight arms are wayyyy to heavy. A friend of mine has them and versus my arms they weigh the front end down way more.

You should check out smc fabrication. 475 for st or 575 for long travel.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Machy said:
wow, ok laughing is allowed but I have no idea how to use ebay..... any tips?
Just be carefull and always buy from someone with an established feedback and a good score. Avoid people with very low feedback ratings. Its super easy once you do it a few times. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
pudamac12 said:
those fullflight arms are wayyyy to heavy. A friend of mine has them and versus my arms they weigh the front end down way more.

You should check out smc fabrication. 475 for st or 575 for long travel.
As you say that the above A-arms are heavier than others, this may be a blessing. Many folks feel that the Raptor is a Wheelie King, extra weight in the front would help this phenomenon!

Not that I have these A-arms, I am still stock. And with my limited knowledge of this particular machine, I see no issues with them being Wheelie Kings, at all. Yes, you can do amazing wheelies with a Raptor but, you can also ride it predictably...if your skills allow you too!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Not to get into a flame fest, BUT hiems are not ment to be used in the manner they are being used on those a-arms. I would never buy any a-arms that use hiems to mount the spindles ....... ESPECIALLY the lower spindle mount. The hiems used on the Full Flight front end are low grade hiems and will wear out very fast. I am not saying buy i-shock. I am not even saying buy a-arms from me. Just spend a couple bucks more ..... you will be ALOT happier in the long run.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

·
Registered
965 Posts
SEVEN00 said:
I will agree with FUELATV, Hiems are ABSOLUTE junk.
Then WhyTF did you post that link? :confused: :lol:

I love my Houser's. Got them for $588 shipped to my door in 4 days (CA to VA) from ATV Galaxy on Ebay. Comes with tie rods, grease zerks, ball joints, and all the shims and spacers needed to adjust the camber/caster. Install went very, very well.

+0.5, +2, and +2 LT are all the same price :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Machy said:
I am looking for some 2+ a arms, I dont have any preference on what brand I just want a god deal and they don't have to be top notch quality. Also what do you do about the grease nipples after instal?
ATC-Crazy said:
SEVEN00 said:
I will agree with FUELATV, Hiems are ABSOLUTE junk.

Then WhyTF did you post that link? :confused: :lol:

I love my Houser's. Got them for $588 shipped to my door in 4 days (CA to VA) from ATV Galaxy on Ebay. Comes with tie rods, grease zerks, ball joints, and all the shims and spacers needed to adjust the camber/caster. Install went very, very well.

+0.5, +2, and +2 LT are all the same price :thumbsup:
IF YOU REMEMBER CORRECTLY "MACHY" WANTS SOMETHING CHEAP WITH NO FRILLS, THIS IS WhyTF I posted this link :simmadown:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FUELATV, is that just a short time deal that will expire sometime or not......... Also guys, If i get the a-arms could they help or hurt me in drag racing at the local 1/8 dirt strip.....

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I dont see a need for Extended A-arms for Dragging...extended A-arms are for trail riding, improved stability in the tight and twisties, improved wheel travel, improved off camber capabilities.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wouldn't be putting the a-arms on for the purpose of dragging, I was asking if they would help or hurt on the strip though...?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
FUELATV said:
Not to get into a flame fest, BUT hiems are not ment to be used in the manner they are being used on those a-arms. I would never buy any a-arms that use hiems to mount the spindles ....... ESPECIALLY the lower spindle mount. The hiems used on the Full Flight front end are low grade hiems and will wear out very fast. I am not saying buy i-shock. I am not even saying buy a-arms from me. Just spend a couple bucks more ..... you will be ALOT happier in the long run.

WWW.FUELATV.COM
Not trying to start a flame war either. Just trying to learn. What exactly is wrong with heim style ball joint spindle mounts. My ASR's have heim style ball joints but they seem to be VERY beefy and haven't failed me as of yet. If they are a problem I don't mind "upgrading" to standard ball joints if they will thread in and maintain the correct geometry.

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Machy said:
I wouldn't be putting the a-arms on for the purpose of dragging, I was asking if they would help or hurt on the strip though...?
Well...I cant see where they will hurt in a drag. I also cant see where they will help either...

·
Registered
584 Posts
BJH said:
FUELATV said:

WWW.FUELATV.COM
Not trying to start a flame war either. Just trying to learn. What exactly is wrong with heim style ball joint spindle mounts. My ASR's have heim style ball joints but they seem to be VERY beefy and haven't failed me as of yet. If they are a problem I don't mind "upgrading" to standard ball joints if they will thread in and maintain the correct geometry.

Yes I too am curious. Those ASR's look alright to me and priced a whole lot better than say $900+ for Housers.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts