Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wanting to do some mods to my raptor 700 and im thinking of getting a piston and cam and i want to know whats the best 1s for pump gas..and i was also thinking about a bore kit and i was wondering what 1s are the best for trials and road and are they pump gas safe and how reliable are they how long should 1 last?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
First off... Do you have the big 3 (full pipe, intake, fi controller) for your 700R? If so, what kind?

A good big 3 set up would be duals (barkers, monster, dmc force 4), FCI or pro design, PC3 or PC5 for fuel controller.

To answer your mods question.... I'd run an 11:1 CP or JE piston, it's pump gas safe at all elevations. For the cam, just get a Hotcams stage 2 or stage 3 depending on where you want the grunt of the power. Stage 2 is more mid, stage 3 is more top. The Hotcams are drop in cams and need no extra work, ie; rockers, valve springs, etc.

A good big 3 set up as stated above with an 11:1 stock bore piston and Hotcam 3 is close to 60 hp at my elevation (1000 ft).

If you don't have the big 3, get it, and go from there :thumbsup:

-Andy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i dont really have the big 3 i have dmc force 4's and a dynatek controller.BUT i have a fci ordered but its never come 1 day they have it ready to send out then 1 day its on back order so i might get it 1 day lol but if it dose come ill have the big 3

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well once that is installed and you want more power, I'd look into a stock bore 11:1 piston and Hotcams stg 3

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Most will say CP is better than JE. CP's valve cutouts are deeper, so it will accept over size valves. I ran an 11:1 JE in my 700R without an issue though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts