Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone send me an e-mail or pb with there map with a hp piston (wiseco) and a ported head. It's a beginning for the dyno, but there is no map with the powercommander site who has. So if i am starting with the map i'm running now it would be too lean, and i want no motor damage. so anybody got a map please ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,553 Posts
Im doin the samething with mine right now(got my piston off the brown truck yesterday...a thing of beauty!). I talked with Dynojet extensively about mine and they said that the increased compression doesnt alter their files for a giving combo of exhaust/intake mods. What ever mods you have other than the ported head and piston, just get the file that closest matches your combination. Just be sure to run 100-108 octane. I also talked about a cam swap file and they said that will be lookin in on it more exstensively but so far its not much different in the A/F on the already existing files of the ones they have already tested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx for the info, i will be running 98 octane (straight from the pump) and it's high enough for the 11:1. more compression needs a higher octane.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,553 Posts
That will work fine, 98 is not availible in my area at the pump but 100, 104 and 108 are easily got so thats why I posted that. I will be runnin 100-104 mainly because of the timing, want to be dead safe with it. You will love that piston, its top notch and has a .100" dome on it thats nicely done :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
That will work fine, 98 is not availible in my area at the pump but 100, 104 and 108 are easily got so thats why I posted that. I will be runnin 100-104 mainly because of the timing, want to be dead safe with it. You will love that piston, its top notch and has a .100" dome on it thats nicely done :thumbsup:

How are you changing the timing?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,553 Posts
Exactly :3question:, dont know were its set at(degrees) and dont know how to change it. I dont think any of the programmers/boxes that are out right now have that feature. MSD is supposed to commin out with some kind of programmer but dont know when and what all it does. I assume since they are ignition people that is will have some kind of timing feature on it. I may just make something of my own if nobody comes out with something. Wont be too hard, its ran electricaly so it can be manipulated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
i didnt have to change my map after 11:1 piston and porting - i run 95 oct. and it runs great at sealevel. ( have a ngk wideband sensor for a/f readings)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iroc said:
i didnt have to change my map after 11:1 piston and porting - i run 95 oct. and it runs great at sealevel. ( have a ngk wideband sensor for a/f readings)
wow, i'm surprised to hear that. But what is an ngk wideband sensor for your air/fuel. Does it adjust your fuel input with the powercommader. Is it like a sort of lambda sensor? i'm curious
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
wally said:
iroc said:
i didnt have to change my map after 11:1 piston and porting - i run 95 oct. and it runs great at sealevel. ( have a ngk wideband sensor for a/f readings)
wow, i'm surprised to hear that. But what is an ngk wideband sensor for your air/fuel. Does it adjust your fuel input with the powercommader. Is it like a sort of lambda sensor? i'm curious
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com//products/air-fuel/index.asp?nav=19000&country=US

i bought mine on ebay - something like 250$ or so..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Exactly :3question:, dont know were its set at(degrees) and dont know how to change it. I dont think any of the programmers/boxes that are out right now have that feature. MSD is supposed to commin out with some kind of programmer but dont know when and what all it does. I assume since they are ignition people that is will have some kind of timing feature on it. I may just make something of my own if nobody comes out with something. Wont be too hard, its ran electricaly so it can be manipulated.

Ok, I though maybe you had come up with something. Dyno Jet is coming out with an add on ignition module for the PCIII, you will be able to manipulate the timing + or - 10 deg. as I understand it. I am told their initial tests show huge improvements. I'm holding off any internal mods till the module is avalable that way I only have to do the mapping one time once my mods are done to get max HP and TQ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
wally said:
thnx for the info, i will be running 98 octane (straight from the pump) and it's high enough for the 11:1. more compression needs a higher octane.

I am kind of suprised to hear the need for race gas at only 11.1. the 10.75.1 runs perfectly fine at sea level with premium unleaded......whats .25 more?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
standard the comp. is 9,5:1 .I have a wiseco 11:1 and a ported head at the tuner. So there is a difference. standard here in holland you can choose between 95oct or 98oct. in germany they have 100oct straight at the pump.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,553 Posts
Im just going by my experience with this stuff, its always better to run octane that you know will support your compression/power/riding style than to get the "should work" octane. Im not saying your doin something wrong, Im saying I run the piss out of my stuff(MX racing/asphault drags remember ;)). With the extra power, I know Im gonna hammer the crap out of it....to show those high compression 450s why Yamaha knew better than to set the 700 up like theirs are from the factory 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
wally said:
standard the comp. is 9,5:1 .I have a wiseco 11:1 and a ported head at the tuner. So there is a difference. standard here in holland you can choose between 95oct or 98oct. in germany they have 100oct straight at the pump.

Yeah...the stock comp is 9.2.1.....and I know that 10.75.1 runs just fine on pump gas. What I dont see as muhc of a diff is the .25 between the 10.75 and the 11.1 to warrant running race gas?
I think your gas.....or atleast the gas in Germany is calculated different then here in the US. Same stuff Your 95 is our 87, your 98 in our mid grade 89 and our 92-93 is your 100oct. Just calculated differently is all.

Stock machines actually will run better using reg or mid grade.....not premium. there is no reason to use higher octane unless your machine needs it.
BUT, run whatever you like.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yep, i will just run 98 oct with my 11:1 Not any race gas or so. But there wasn't any trouble so far with the crank or rod? or with the big and small end?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top