Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so after having my bike apart for 3 months or so ive finally started to reasemble and ive ran into a problem. i bought a +2 lsr swinger from a forum member and am in the process of putting everything back together. got the swinger, shock, axle, sprocket and hub all back together and now ive hit a bump with the brake hub and brake caliper. the guy sent me a modquad caliper mount and this is where my problem lies. maybe im doing something wrong? heres some pictures i snapped. if more are needed please let me know. i would really like to have this thing sitting on all fours tonight. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I belive there should be spacers between the brake bracket and the bracket on the calipar. Cant remeber and I dont have my 660 here where I can go look at it

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
The factory set up has a built in spacers. I would get something to space it out. here is the stock set up

Attachments

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I belive there should be spacers between the brake bracket and the bracket on the calipar. Cant remeber and I dont have my 660 here where I can go look at it
this is what i thought too. thanks limited. does anyone know if those spacers and bolts can be ordered from lsr? the shorter factory bolt isnt long enough.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for the pictures HK 45. i wonder if i could get some plastic bushings or something to stick in there?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
My Tucker arm just has 2 pieces of what looks to be a sleeve that went around a bolt to space it. I could get you some pics if you want them just LMK.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Tucker arm just has 2 pieces of what looks to be a sleeve that went around a bolt to space it. I could get you some pics if you want them just LMK.
yeah man if it wouldnt be any trouble for ya that would be great. i might be able to fashion up my own spacers

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i really appreciate it man

·
Premium Member
956 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I didn't catch this thread soon enough to help you out but I have the ModQuad brake assembly and the spacers are aluminum. Mine is on a custom +3 swing arm, for the record I've had trouble with the aluminum bracket breaking in rough woods...I've had to order a second one form Mod Quad and I'm working on a solid (without the holes) piece in a local machine shop to eliminate the breaking.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Mod Quad is junk. Unfortunatly I have their round carrier as well. I bought a package deal from Eyeball Engineering. Took the carrier out because I had to drill the hole in the swing arm to get to the grease zerk. Only to find a mod quad carrier.

When the bearings go bad I am not even messing with it. A RAD carrier is going back in.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the picture dog86. thanks to everyone else also. i called lsr and got 2 allen head bolts, 2 spacers and the bushing for the billet plate and swing arm for $20.00. kind of steep IMO but had to have it. thanks again everyone. blueranger hows that solid piece coming along? dont wanna be deep in some woods and have that modquad piece break.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
thanks for the picture dog86. thanks to everyone else also. i called lsr and got 2 allen head bolts, 2 spacers and the bushing for the billet plate and swing arm for $20.00. kind of steep IMO but had to have it. thanks again everyone. blueranger hows that solid piece coming along? dont wanna be deep in some woods and have that modquad piece break.
My neighbor works in a shop that does CNC machine work with different metals and he took the old one that I broke and rewelded for a spare; he traced or outlined it with the computer then he'll cut it whenever he gets the time and the aluminum...haven't heard from him in a few weeks so I should call I guess. You may not break yours unless you're in some rough rocky woods at high speed...but then again I'm not as fast as I used to be 10 years ago and I still broke mine.
good luck,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts