Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to pick up an 06 700 this weekend. I have about a five hour drive to get to it so I was hoping to get feedback before I commit to the drive. From the pictures the owner has sent it looks to be in excellent condition. It has a power commander, gytr exhaust and bumper and full skids. He says it runs perfect. It has black plastics with an orange tank cover and nose and piggyback front shocks with orange springs that appear to be factory. I know that plastics can be swapped out but I cannot find an 06 with black plastics and orange piggyback shocks. Was this a special edition or is it something I should be concerned with, I dont think the springs were painted? Are there any problems with the 06 that I should look for? I have looked through the forum already but I just wanted the most info I can gather. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
If I remember correctly....

'06 SE was black/yellow plastics with pogo shocks
'07 SE was blue/white or black/orange plastics with black housing/silver springs rezzie shocks
'08 SE was red/white plastics with black housing/silver spring rezzie shocks

Sounds like that '06 has seen some changes for some reason. I'd be careful.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
First off where you from and can you post those pics? Might not be the same colours as we are used too seeing because you might be in another country...

·
Registered
587 Posts
I don't think the 06 came in that color combo. He might've switched the plastics with the 07 se. Maybe cause he liked that color combo or had to because he messed up his original plastics and replaced them. Can you post pics?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Ok so this bike had a roll-over bethoven episode or something? Hes not telling you the whole story. Be carefull. Ask him why he changed the plastics on it! Anyway i would stay clear of it if the answer isent good enough. Sometimes your just better off buying new or letting this one pass by. im sure you'll find better...Smells fishy but that might be my bad breath...LOL

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
The bike pictured is 2007 SE. Is this what you're talking about?
that would be my guess to on the one he is talking about.if it is a 06 with diff plastic,shock.i would really really ask a lot of questions and look all over and under it ! :D just really check it out !good luck .throw some pic's up if you get it .:D plus only prob the 06 had was vapor locking ,but they fixed it with the vent hose on the gas cap.also i have heard of some overheating ,but i have one and have had no trouble .

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
He can check that out with the vin number to make sure...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oldstyle thats it, minus the seat and graphics. The shocks are from a 450 so that clears that up, funny one pic they looked orange and another they looked red. He sent me more pics and the bike looks like it is in good shape but I if this does happen I will look it over carefully. As far as posting pics... I'm computer illiterarte, sorry but it frustrates the hell out of me trying to figure it out. I really appreciate all the responses, hopefully this will come together and I'll be able to offer back in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts