Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys here is the deal, we have about 40miles of dunes here where I live and for the most part I just play around. But now I am wanting to make something that will shut up my buddy on his 250r. He has it bored piped and so on and is a good bit faster than me. My raptor I rescued from a field and is bone stock other then +6in swing arm durablue axle and pro flow uni intake. It is a 01 raptor 660 and I have about 2000 to spend on this. What would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I would recommend you clean her all up and sell it for 2k then spend 4k on a 700! Then save up a little more for the right parts to put on that and he'll shut right up ;)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Okay guys here is the deal, we have about 40miles of dunes here where I live and for the most part I just play around. But now I am wanting to make something that will shut up my buddy on his 250r. He has it bored piped and so on and is a good bit faster than me. My raptor I rescued from a field and is bone stock other then +6in swing arm durablue axle and pro flow uni intake. It is a 01 raptor 660 and I have about 2000 to spend on this. What would you guys recommend?
3 plughead.........stage 3 cam or and X4 cam........... porting......... 39mm FCRs............aftermarket exhaust, ferrea valves and HD springs.........That will put you in the lead for good...............as long as you can handle all the power...........

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
3 plughead.........stage 3 cam or and X4 cam........... porting......... 39mm FCRs............aftermarket exhaust, ferrea vavles and HD springs.........Thaat will put you in the lead for good...............as long as you can handle all the pwoer...........
My hands hurt after every ride..:D:D:D & I dont have the FCR's ...yet;)

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
lol to be honest man I would rather stay with a carb the 700's are awesome but if I had 4k laying around I would just get another Ds650.
I just sold my DS650 for $1500 lol because it was to slow compared to my raptor. I love DS's but you can't beat the tons of aftermarket support for the raptor. If you just listen to willy there you will be good and have no problems beating him. Just putting a exhaust on will make a difference.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Can someone link me the addresses to get some of this stuff? What's the best exhaust to get
That depends on your preference.A couple good single exhaust's are Yosh & sparks. A good duel is Barkers.If ya really want to get in the lead talk to WillyKiller about a 3 plug head mod & go from there.
Good luck..

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Barker's are OOF and Monster's are In-Frame. I think that Monster's would be much better for a 660, IMO. But if you get duals, and a 3-plug head, you should get FRC's... which are pretty expencive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok well I got the Monster pipe duals ordered, got new tires ordered because that was also part of the problem. What are the advantages of a 3 plug head and willy killer do I need to bore/stroke it or just get valves and cams?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok well I got the Monster pipe duals ordered, got new tires ordered because that was also part of the problem. What are the advantages of a 3 plug head and willy killer do I need to bore/stroke it or just get valves and cams?
I have ran a stock stroked bike for years, even a few years ago when I first ran a 3 plugger in oval tracking, it was stock bore and stroke........worked great.......

·
Registered
153 Posts
Please indulge on this 3 plug option willykiller.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Please indulge on this 3 plug option willykiller.
A raptor head is modifed to accept two more sparkplugs firing all at the same time, this promotes better fuel burn, more efficient use of the fuel being used, better bottom end power and response and more higher top end rpm.............

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Any directions on building a 3 port head?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Willy, how do you go about doing that 3 plug head? Like where do you put the other two spark plugs and stuff like that. I've been hearing about this alot, I'm curious

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Sorry about that...long day at work. So do you offer your services for this type of art work?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts