Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have a problems getting your boots under the stock shifter levers? do they make extended shifters? and ive got a nasty exhaust leak in the header does anyone know of a good header replacement. ive got a two brothers m-7 slip on exhaust on it. all ive seen is the powerbomb and it was pretty pricy.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Where is the leak in your header, it could just be a gasket that needs replacement... and an aftermarket header probably will not bolt up to your slip on muffler since the slip on is made to fit the oem header. You can find a used oem header on ebay for cheap if in fact it is the header pipe(s) that is your problem and not a gasket! If you want a full exhaust you will need the header and matching muffler of the same brand/model exhaust... this is why they are sold as a "full system".

·
Registered
415 Posts
ok you could just move your shifter up one spline. it makes it easier to get your foot under it. AND i happen to have a full stock exhaust i want rid of. pm me an offer and we can work something out.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I got one on my blue beast

Works great I love it. Apparently so did the local stealership tech cause when I got it back from them no shifter. So Chris made me another, takes a little getting used to but once you do you can shift up and down twice as easy and fast.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Here's the cure for boot shifting problems!
wow. you either have way too much time on your hands, or you are the mcgyver of the offroad world. can you make a new master link with a rock, 2 peices of duct tape, a stick and a zip tie? :lol: that is a good idea. if i had that problem i'd be makin one of those to try out. :thumbsup:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
wow. you either have way too much time on your hands, or you are the mcgyver of the offroad world. can you make a new master link with a rock, 2 peices of duct tape, a stick and a zip tie? :lol: that is a good idea. if i had that problem i'd be makin one of those to try out. :thumbsup:
For a master link he needs a beer can tab a zip tie and bubble gum. Saved me once on trail with it.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
waht about jumping with that shifter? seems like when you landed you would downshift. or if you landed hard it would break or somethin. do either of you jump?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Chris jumps up outta pits at Croom. I hit natural jumps in the woods and on trail. I hit the mx track every now and then. I don't air it out like some other guys 4-5ft or when I go up a steep hill fast I launch at the top. I down shifted once with stock shifter but I was on a pro track and hit a jump way to fast over shot landing and landed flat after being 15-20' in the air and 40-50' it was a small table top but steep ramps. It shot me up like a canon. Since then I've kept them four to 6 feet of air now. Once you get used to it,it's not in the way or anything I like it on whooped out trails with lots of curves where I gotta shift alot no more searching for shifter trying to get foot under or out from under just slide toe in and out right between. Like I said takes some getting used to but once your comfortable with it it's gonna be way quicker and easier to shift for me anyway.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I don't know anybody that jumps with their foot in shifting position, I know I don't. :D Think about it :confused:
Well I mean it seems like to get the full potential out of this shifter you would leave your toe between the 2 shifters. And if it was setup right wouldn't your toe be inside it anyway? When I'm ridin a track sometimes to setup for a turn I'll downshift while I'm in the air or go up a gear if I'm at the end of a gear with a straight in front of me. Make sense?

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Well I mean it seems like to get the full potential out of this shifter you would leave your toe between the 2 shifters. And if it was setup right wouldn't your toe be inside it anyway? When I'm ridin a track sometimes to setup for a turn I'll downshift while I'm in the air or go up a gear if I'm at the end of a gear with a straight in front of me. Make sense?
Yeah I see what your saying, but I've never had a accidental down shift with this shifter. I've got it set up so the gap in between the two shifters is in the natural position of my foot so all I have to do is tip my toe up or down to shift.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts