Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2011 RAPTOR WITH PROCHARGER. 100,000 KM. IT HAS BEEN RUNNINGB GRTEAT I JUSTB BOUGHT IT FOR $50000. IVE PUT 5,000 KM ON IT. JUST GOT AN OIL CHANGE DONE 300KM AGO. IT STARTED TO SPUTTER TONIGHT AND I PULLED OVER IMEDIATELY. THE OIL LOOKS LIKE A LIGHT BROWN. LIKE RUNNY PEANUT BUTTER. IT WILL START BUT RUNS VERY ROUGH! DAM MAN!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG? THANK YOU

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
Sounds like possibly a blown head gasket by the color of the oil. Can you remove the radiator cap and report back with what is going on there? If its bubbling, then bad gasket.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,800 Posts
Sounds like possibly a blown head gasket by the color of the oil. Can you remove the radiator cap and report back with what is going on there? If its bubbling, then bad gasket.
Chances are you have a bad water pump seal, leaking coolant past the shaft.

Bad head gaskets normally pressurize the coolant and there are bubbles in the tank, but don't leak into the oil.

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
Thats why we keep you here Dez, thanks for the correction!

·
10,800 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was just reading this and Im pretty sure this guy Is on the wrong forum...

·
10,800 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I HAVE A 2011 RAPTOR WITH PROCHARGER. 100,000 KM. IT HAS BEEN RUNNINGB GRTEAT I JUSTB BOUGHT IT FOR $50000. IVE PUT 5,000 KM ON IT. JUST GOT AN OIL CHANGE DONE 300KM AGO. IT STARTED TO SPUTTER TONIGHT AND I PULLED OVER IMEDIATELY. THE OIL LOOKS LIKE A LIGHT BROWN. LIKE RUNNY PEANUT BUTTER. IT WILL START BUT RUNS VERY ROUGH! DAM MAN!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG? THANK YOU
I was just reading this and Im pretty sure this guy Is on the wrong forum...
Thats hilarious. I thought he meant a prodesign intake on a 700 and the numbers were either typos or a currency system im not familiar with. Realizing he means a Ford Raptor, not a Yamaha Raptor, makes alot more sense!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Maybe he was just embarrassed because he yelled an entire paragraph in all caps at us

·
10,800 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
10,800 Posts
Nope. Sorry dez, but you didnt say what year. I assumed you meant 2030, guess your stuck here for a while longer!

Send cash, check or pay-pal. I need to pay for my new ride if I live to 2030!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Send cash, check or pay-pal. I need to pay for my new ride if I live to 2030!
Just setup a go-fund-me page, where people have to pay you a dollar everytime you help them get their ride fixed. If you could go back and collect for services rendered, you would already have that new ride paid for!

·
10,800 Posts
Just setup a go-fund-me page, where people have to pay you a dollar everytime you help them get their ride fixed. If you could go back and collect for services rendered, you would already have that new ride paid for!

Nah, I don't mind helping if I can. Besides, sometimes I need help too.
But anyone can send money to my paypal, just be sure to send it F&F or I'll get in trouble.
By the way, how's that 5050 cam you were gonna put in last summer??

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Nah, I don't mind helping if I can. Besides, sometimes I need help too.
But anyone can send money to my paypal, just be sure to send it F&F or I'll get in trouble.
By the way, how's that 5050 cam you were gonna put in last summer??
Im ashamed to say, its still sitting on the shelf with those head studs. Lol. I gotta get my butt back out in the garage!

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
Yup, Friends & Family through PayPal is the way to go, especially with the F&F we have in here!

·
10,800 Posts
Yup, Friends & Family through PayPal is the way to go, especially with the F&F we have in here!
LOL, yeah, you and I know! Some don't.

·
10,800 Posts
Im ashamed to say, its still sitting on the shelf with those head studs. Lol. I gotta get my butt back out in the garage!

In 10 years you'll be selling all the things you bought like I'm doing now.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
In 10 years you'll be selling all the things you bought like I'm doing now.
Lol. Most likely. Hey does anyone need a rear wheel for a 01 gsxr 1000? Or a front wheel for a 06 gsxr 750? Perhaps some seats from a 02 R1? New sprockets and rear brake caliper for a 2010 600rr? Plastic kit for a wr250? C'mon guys, i know you need something!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Lol. Most likely. Hey does anyone need a rear wheel for a 01 gsxr 1000? Or a front wheel for a 06 gsxr 750? Perhaps some seats from a 02 R1? New sprockets and rear brake caliper for a 2010 600rr? Plastic kit for a wr250? C'mon guys, i know you need something!

Ya got anything for a ‘15 FZ09?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts