Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure if this would go here, but wasnt sure where else to post it.

alright well i will be within a few weeks buying the 2007 raptor 700r SE (it just came to the dealers here last week)

i plan on putting atleast half down most likely more.

the dealer im goin to is selling it for $6,999. i want to do payments to help out my credit more (im 21) and ill prob just pay it off b4 i start school.

anyways i want to know is there anything i should be carefull about when i go buy this? such as "it will screw me over if i do this" kinda thing. the thing is i dont have anyone really to help me out when im doin all the paper work and stuff. so is there anything not to do, or to watch for?

Thanks for any help,

mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
they will more than likely try to sell you something you either don't want or need, so watch out. As far as making the payments just make sure that if you get the no interes for 6mths or some low interest for a fixed amount of time, you pay it before that amount of time, or generally your interest rate and payments will climb pretty rapidly.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
hey man, cool, way to get a new quad, as far as financing goes , if you walk in with half down, first tell them you have half of what you have, say you have 3, claim you have 1500.00 and see what the paperwork comes up for payments, and interest rate, if they put you on a yamaha card then the rate is set, but if your just getting a loan they can work on the rate, . once they give you a rate/ and payment amount, then say ok, i don't like that rate/payment, what can you get me if i give you 3000 down instead, , usually the finance company will go down a little bit on the rate,but if it's a yamaha card i think it's like 8.9% and if you default it goes up to like 27%, as far as warranty, yamaha's is pretty good price, but the dealer only pays like 1/3 of what they sell it for..., it's pretty straight up stuff when doing financing, ..just confusing with all the terms" like on the card, if they offer you 2 years fixed low payments, go for that,and try to pay off early...i'm not 100% sure what the rates will be ofcourse, but yeah, just start out saying you have a smaller amount and see if you can "buy" yourself a better deal by sweeting the deal slowly as you go...it might help., but then again it might not, i did funding on loans at capital one so i worked with a lot of dealers and they all work a little different, i always just go with my friends so reassure them of the deal, people don't get scrwed over really, it's the fact they don't have good credit and this is what the bank has to offer for people with bad or new credit, they just get the short end of the stick...it's hard being young, it takes time to build up credit history.. that sucks, i think you should have low interest and good credit untill you pay late, not start out with high interest,...the world is really messed up.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how are the yamaha cards? cause i was told to stay away from them?

also i dont have bad credit at all, i curently have 1 loan out for $270 a month, thats been goin on for over a year, and i have to small loans that were taken out in the spring. i also have a credit card. but i have no mess ups with any of my payments, ive been on my own car ins since i was 19 and all my cars have been in my name (on my 4th one, and no, i didnt crash any lol)

all the %, and intrest, all that crap just confuse's me and i dont want to mess anything up :confused:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
The card is good/and bad,. good cuz' it's low interest and low payments, bad cuz if you are late on a payment, it will default up to like 27% int and the payment could go from say 70$ up to 160 or so a month,...so as long as your on time, it's great, oh also, a good/bad flaw, it's a credit card, so if you want to buy stuff from yamaha you can put it onyour card, but say you make 6 payments, and bring you bal down, you can go buy a bunch of stuff and put your bal back up high in no time., i've had to try hard not to go buy stuff at the dealer like the intake and pipe...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o ok, id wrather stay away from the card then :lol:

Hopefully ill find someone to bring down with me to maybe help keep me in the right direction

·
Registered
256 Posts
What I did, was got a loan for the total amount from my credit union(with low apr) for 4 years. Because there is no penalty for paying it off early, you could just dump your planned down payment into the loan. Maybe it was different for me, but if I had put $4000 down on a $7000 quad, the loan would only be for $3000. I figured a $7000 loan would boost my credit more than a $3000 loan would. And the payoff won't take me any longer.

Here is a loan calculator, if you want to play around with the numbers. It's for auto loans, but it works.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/auto-loan-calculator.asp

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
yeah, a loan from your bank or credit union is the best, as far as size, 3grand or 7, it doesn't really help your credit go up, just the loan is what helps, the bigger the loan, the higher the payment, =the more DTI(debt to income) ratio will be. so if you have a bunch of big loans, and credit cards, then you have less availble income, less chance of getting a loan,,so actually having smaller sized loans is better, also credit cards are confusing, if it's maxed out, it takes away points from your credit score, if it's at half or a little less , then you get reported positive, if you have it paid off, then it just reports as current, no positive or negative, if all your credit cards are maxed, then it looks like you rely on your credit cards for income,...so yeah, a lot goes into play, also to really be considered A+ credit most likley you have to have 5 open loans, 5 years of good payments and not have more than 50% DTI ratio,. so if your paying 5 loans , most likley you make around 3-5 g's a month, otherwise your DTI willbe high... there is alot more i can explain, but i need like 4 pages and i'm at work so i can't really get to much into it.. but if you have more questions just hit me up, i'm glad to help...and my info my be a little differnt than other banks, it's just a rough idea of how it works... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
yeah , dont you dare get the dealer to finance you with one of those cards or whatever, get a bank or credit loan to finance it, try to get a co-signer it will still build your credit score but the money will be cheaper, and even if u cant get a signer still get a bank or credit union, and once you have that in line u can gominto the dealer and say..... 5800$ cash out the door!!!!! more like 6000$ out the door !!!! you are much more powerful if you already got the loot!!!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I got mine for 4.9% for 2 years with a 12.9% default, I was in teir 2 of 5. I paid it off in 4 months

oh yea and that was on a yamaha card, minimum payment $48

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you pay for it full in cash, do they normally give u a better deal? like either price wise for the machine, or throw in anything else?

·
Registered
665 Posts
dude -cash rules , cash price should always be cheaper, that is what im sayin bro, if you can plop down 6k$ on the table and say u want the bike for that price flat, you oughta be able to get it CASH RULES and if not tell em youll walk and find someone who will, have confidence in yourself when dealing with salesman. thay can smell blood, YOU ARE THE BOSS ESP WITH COLD HARD ONES IN YOUR HAND!!!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
that also depends 2, cash actually can help, not so much on a brand new 07 because they will sell no matter what, cash helps most on a used purchase , then you can really swing for the best deal, and also the dealer most likley doesn't get 100% of what the sell the quad for right away, usually dealers are set up on a split dealer agreement with the bank, 80% gets paid right away,and 20% over the future, or even 70%/ 30%, that way the dealer has more incentive to make sure they make "legit" loans and not just a bunch of fraud , by doing so the dealer splits some of the risk with the bank and it helps keep everyone honest :thumbsup:
cash on a used veh or quad is the best way to go...

·
Registered
665 Posts
soooo, if the dealer dosent get the full price of the quad right away, and if using a credit card the dealer will have to pay a fee............. CASH DOES MEAN SHIT!!!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
it can mean shit, but also the dealer won't just drop the price tons on a 07 if you have cash, he might a little bit, which helps, every cent helps, but if your trying to low ball them they will hold off on the sale to get more $ from the next guy, weather it be financed or cash... :thumbsup: but hey, cash is great, if you have some extra send it my way :grin_nod:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
infact the best idea,to me anyways, would be if you have cash to pay in full, don't get an 07, unless that's really what you want, but if your not to worried about the year, get a used 06 with low hrs,and you'll save the most possible...and then buy it from a private party, they will drop the most, dealers can be stubborn..but will drop... good luck on your buy.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I only have a few minutes of riding before I get to the trail but the thruth is I got spotted by a cop my first ride out and it gave me that icky feeling. I hadn't planned on buying a trailer but now it seems most likely in the near future since I have a jeep and not a truck. Although it 's not as big of an expense as an ATV, a trailer will cost some. For now, I have to depend on buddies to move my quad.

Erik

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for all the info u guys, but yea i really want the 07 SE, ive been waiting for it to come out and its finally here

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Rapt7ooR said:
I only have a few minutes of riding before I get to the trail but the thruth is I got spotted by a cop my first ride out and it gave me that icky feeling. I hadn't planned on buying a trailer but now it seems most likely in the near future since I have a jeep and not a truck. Although it 's not as big of an expense as an ATV, a trailer will cost some. For now, I have to depend on buddies to move my quad.

Erik
this post kinda seem odd for this thread, but i feel ya,i'm trying to get a trailer also, and this is the most budget trailer i can find,and will work great for my accord...
check out
harborfreight.com
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=90154
or this one,
it's a little smaller, but close to the same price
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=42709

1 - 20 of 21 Posts