Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ya ya its me again LOL!

Im running some green coolant. But its a little low im wondering what brand to use? I think the coolant is specific for aluminum rads?

Can someone post a pic for me. please

I dont want to empty the one i already have and re-fill, i just want to add some.

Thanks guys much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dammit! I dont want that blue stuff you pumpernickel sway bar you! LOL Just jokin about the blue stuff! LMAO

I want to get the green coolant from the local canadian tire (car part store) and usually it aint a strain on the wallet. I just need the proper OEM coolant.

Pics please!!!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DOH!!!

Thanks bud ill try that but usually they are numbskulls!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok now i know wich one to get. Dex-cool is not good so any other premix is good. Its a simple question but when you dont know you just want to make sure.

Thanks Tommy

·
Registered
297 Posts
From my Owners manual;

Antifreeze/water mixture ratio: 1:1

Recommended antifreeze: High-quality ethylene glycol antifreeze containing corrosion inhibitors for aluminum engines

Coolant quantity: Radiator capacity (including all routes): 1.61 L (1.70 US qt) (1.42 Imp.qt)

Coolant reservoir capacity (up to the maximum level mark): 0.25 L (0.26 US qt) (0.22 Imp.qt)

The local Wal-Mart had Prestone premixed that met those requirements, so that is what I used to replace the coolant in my used 2007 when I got it. The fluid is Yellow though, so I wonder if the Green you have is the correct one?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It came that way in the rappy brand new so i guess its the right one. Ill get some regular prestone the premixed shit aluminum safe. Just got to read before buying. I only need a little and a liter would be good enough just to fill the overflow tank to the max line...

Thanx Bear

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perfect!!! Thanx man!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Perfect!!! Thanx man!

You're welcome. I was just pointing that one out as I had not heard of it before but looks like it is exactly targeted for our use.

What I actually used and you probably could to as it says safe with any anti-freeze/color is

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If its good for the rappy and cheap ill buy...

I appreciate your help. I dont like to see my tank in the middle mark thats all.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If its good for the rappy and cheap ill buy...

I appreciate your help. I dont like to see my tank in the middle mark thats all.
10-4!

I also just put in 2 ounces of AMSOIL Dominator® Coolant Boost

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/rdcb.aspx It is reported to be better than Water Wetter and since I am an Amsoil Dealer, I like to use as much of the products as I can find applications for.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great idea! I dont really need added cooling because it never goes higher than 40 or 45 degree celcius around here and thats peek summer temperatures...Freakin humid too LOL...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i freakin hope not. We call em the week of sticky jeans LOL. Must be nice on the rappy in that kind of weather... Cant wait for summer!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts