Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a programable ignition from tqs...I know dl700 does these custom curves but is that only if you buy the parts from him? If so where else could I go to get a custom curve?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
No, DL700 will re=program it for you for around 50 bucks. You have to send it to him though but he pays return shipping i beleive. Well worth it!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
if you dont have the cable/software is another $100 to you be able to adjust curves,send to dl700 for less than $40 shipped

·
Registered
448 Posts
DL700 curves are the way to go. I saw a post from him somewhere that said 40$ to have it programed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet thanks guys for the info...worth the 40 bucks for sure!

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I was looking for a comparison when I had DL do mine and couldn't find any. I asked DL directly and he said he didn't have a dyno comparison. With him owning a dyno and offering this service, I found this very odd, but went ahead and had him do mine for me anyway.

He put a total of four custom curves on there. Two curves for mild cams and two for higher lift cams. Basically a custom curve for each cam build and a more aggressive curve for each cam build. I had Lucas (English Racing) do a couple back to back runs on his dyno comparing the two curves for higher lift cams (I was running a Web 4) and saw no real difference in them on my build.

I'd still be interested to see a dyno comparison though between the #2 most run and DL's custom curves. Perhaps there are some out there and I'm just not aware of them. If anyone knows of any, please post 'em up.

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
I have the programable version, but also found it hard to get vendors to tell me why i should pay to have it programmed, so I left it alone. I recently had my quad dynoed. It has big three, but no motor work (yet). I picked up 7hp in the top RPMs from switching from #2 to #3. position #1 is supposed to be stock.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
So for a big 3 bike #3 is best? The igntion is 269 bucks from TQS and DL told me 345 from him with his curves... So it would be better to buy from TQS then have DL program it? :confused:

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
I should add that the builder who dynoed the quad had previously been able to get more power with out the Dynotech. We were both suprised with the results. I would suggest doing a few pulls stock, #2 and #3 before really tuning it in.

·
Registered
311 Posts
with dl compared to curve2 i pickup 2tq all over the power band and straighten the power band at the over rev 7500+,under there i didnt see difference in hp.i saw a dyno sheet somewhere here from dl that its 1-2 hp over curve 2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts