Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im so fucking frustrated any help would be appreciated.
Rear brakes stopped working over period of time...
brake pads were 1mm so i just bought new severe duty ebc pads.
used clymer manual, caliper piston and dust seal did not want to go all the way back in, c-clamp, open bleeder valve, removed parking brake cable...
finally got piston back in.. got brake pads over rotor tight fit..
bled and rebled, etc..
if i roll bike use rear brakes it will stop it, when i get on and ride it is the same as before i replaced brake pads.. very spongy pedal feel and no brakes under power.. i am at a loss!!!!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Im so fucking frustrated any help would be appreciated.
Rear brakes stopped working over period of time...
brake pads were 1mm so i just bought new severe duty ebc pads.
used clymer manual, caliper piston and dust seal did not want to go all the way back in, c-clamp, open bleeder valve, removed parking brake cable...
finally got piston back in.. got brake pads over rotor tight fit..
bled and rebled, etc..
if i roll bike use rear brakes it will stop it, when i get on and ride it is the same as before i replaced brake pads.. very spongy pedal feel and no brakes under power.. i am at a loss!!!!
You must have air in the system......................

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i used dot 4 2004 raptor 660

I dont use a tube when bleeding, is that ok?
I had someone put pressure on peddle, i crack open bleeder valve hve person push steadilty all the way down on brake pedal to bottom of throw, then i close the valve, i repeated step 5 times and saw no air bubbles after 3rd time.. am i stopping the bleeding process too soon?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I would say you need to bleed the brakes more. It might make it a little easier if you rise the back end up a little. that way your not trying to force air down in to the calipar.

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
If you unbolt the caliper and raise it above the master cylinder the bubbles have a much easier path - up and out of the bleed screw. This usually works.

Make sure there's no bubbles in the reservoir... Yammi had a problem with the hard mount of the M/C with vibration causing bubbles to get entrapped in the brake fluid. There was a recall for a simple fix, don't remember what it was.

DOT 4 is fine.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think I just gravity bled mine by opening the bleeder and letting it drain while adding fluid to the resivor until I was sure all the air was out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts