Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a ride this weekend and it felt like it loss so power while riding, then when I got it home it starts but runs only for like 2 or 3 seconds. It also backfires pretty bad right now also. I have changed the plug already, and I have checked the fuel pump too. Any help or ideas would be appreciated thanks alot...

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Need some more info to help you out...what's mods, what were you doing When it happened, what have you done to it recently, how are you riding it, was there noises? You know stuff like that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Completly bone stock!!! We were riding some trails, mud, and sand. I rode it for around 2 hrs then it just kinda backfired and cut off. since then just fire up and cut off. No wierd sounds other than backfiring. It was my first time on a quad so I was not riding it real hard.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i would check the oil and also check the plug in for the spark plug after that check the connection on the ignition coil next to the right fender sitting on it.

then try it. if not then i would check your intake tube and make sure water didnt get into the throttle body. and also check the oil level.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Did you run out of gas? How old is the gas that's in it?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Check for a ECU code in the dash as well.. The check engine will flash.

I had a similar issue this weekend and later noticed it was flashing a code. Didn't have my code table on me and didn't recognized the code.. Spent an hour on the side of the trail, 50 miles from the closest settlement inspecting all my wiring, fuses, connections, etc. I finally found out that the wiring harness where it goes into the ECU, inside all the tape had several wires that had rubbed together. One of them was cut and 4-5 of them were party skinned. Not sure what caused all this, but when I plugged the chopped wire back it started working OK again.

I checked the code (30) when I got back home and apparently, the wire that was cut was the rollover sensor.. Engine wouldn't start because it thought it was upside down :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats funny lol.... But my check code light has not come on either. So which makes me wonder if its mechanical.... I am not sure at this point but I figured I would bounce it off someone else. Thanks for all your ideas, keep'em coming

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Does it start to act up as soon as you start it, or when you start giving it gas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts