Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
How about a little more detailed description? We can't read your mind, you know?

Tell us under what circumstances it DOES work, and under what it DOESN'T, etc., etc., etc... you're smart enough to figure out what kind of info to tell us - Be verbose!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok got the motor with the head off of it the decompression came apart on my 660 raptor so i checked everything out and put it back together set the timing to the book and everything went to start it tonite and set the valves and all and its like it lags when it turns over not spin but lag bad

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
Okay, thanks... did you re-install the decomp? If so, how certain are you that you got the decomp installed and timed properly - lack of decomp would certainly cause your symptoms.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i just did the top end on my raptor. thanks to the help of the guys here i finally got it right lol. i had minor starter lag when i did mine. check your valve adjustment good and the dec mechanism. i flipped my cam 180 degrees and adjusted my valves spot on and it took care of my problem. not sure if it was cam or valves, but i hope this helps some. P.S. i picked my feeler guages up at my local advanced auto store

·
Registered
30 Posts
yeah i just took the tensioner out, pulled the valve cover, took bolts out of the cam and spun it 180 degrees, and re-assembled everything. adjusted valves and all was well runs fine. before i did all this it had a weird noise and acted like i had tension when it tried to start.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea i tried that went and bought a new feeler gauge and put the cam in again and set timing again and put the holes on the cam facing up like it suposed to be reset the valves to .005 and it spun over really good now just need to finsh putting it back together to dee if it will fire up hope it will

1 - 14 of 14 Posts