Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i need to know at what temp does the fan kick in at?

i dont think my thermo switch at the bottom of the rad is working and i gotta a bunch of folks from out west on thier way now to go riding need to know this asap they should be here in about 2 hours :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Just an FYI. You can put the fan on a switch and the still use the temp sensor. With both, you are never in trouble.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
How do you put it on a switch?

I have the Lights removed on mine you think there is some way i can Wire the fan into one of the headlight Plugs and just use my head light switch for on /off?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Go to your local auto parts store and get yourself a toggle switch. Then splice into the wire that controls your fan, hook it up to the toggle switch and then mount the toggle switch. Heres what mine looks like.

·
Registered
441 Posts
:thumbsup: Just make sure your splicing into the right wire. One wire is for your temp light and the other is for your fan. You can test this by unpluging the sensors and using a paperclip to close the circuit on each of them. Once you have done this you will know which one controls what by seeing which one turns on the light, and which one turns on the fan.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I spliced into the wire that goes to the thermo sensor you just replaced. Just run a switch parallel to the sensor and mount the switch. Mine is under my plastic on the left, zip tied to my frame. Works great, its hidden and functions well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts