Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I changed the oil today after running it for about 30 mins or so. After it was all drained i started for about 2sec shut it off. Now i cant seem to get the oil pump to prime for whatever reason. and my tank is plump full of oil. So i searched and found a link here saying to run about 3lbs of air through the breather off the tank while cranking it over..No go.Then i too the hose off by the shifter that runs to the top of the tank i can get air comming out of the hole for the hose just not straight oil. So i put everything back on took my valve cover off and took out the banjo bolt for the metal line and poured oil into while cranking it over and nothing...what can i do without taking the pump out? im not sure where the pump even is other side of the strator cover?

im with the quad now so any help soon would be greatful.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So I changed the oil today after running it for about 30 mins or so. After it was all drained i started for about 2sec shut it off. Now i cant seem to get the oil pump to prime for whatever reason. and my tank is plump full of oil. So i searched and found a link here saying to run about 3lbs of air through the breather off the tank while cranking it over..No go.Then i too the hose off by the shifter that runs to the top of the tank i can get air comming out of the hole for the hose just not straight oil. So i put everything back on took my valve cover off and took out the banjo bolt for the metal line and poured oil into while cranking it over and nothing...what can i do without taking the pump out? im not sure where the pump even is other side of the strator cover?

im with the quad now so any help soon would be greatful.
Has the filter in the tank been cleaned.............

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are u talking the lower one with the screen? then yes i cleaned everything before i put the new cylinder on. Im stumped any ideas other than taking the pump out and filling it? could the oil weight have anything to do with it? 15-40 diesel oil right now untill its all cleaned out then going with amsoil 20-50.

I just dont get it. Also i noticed when i started it with the oil filter out it just squirts a little bit out of the bottom hole of the filter nothing else...:( One damn thing after another i just want one damn year without a problem lol...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump no answer? i need some help fellas

·
Desert Racer
679 Posts
I have no answers for you but I do have a question.Why would you ever start your engine without it being completely put together with oil and filter installed?
Are u talking the lower one with the screen? then yes i cleaned everything before i put the new cylinder on. Im stumped any ideas other than taking the pump out and filling it? could the oil weight have anything to do with it? 15-40 diesel oil right now untill its all cleaned out then going with amsoil 20-50.

I just dont get it. Also i noticed when i started it with the oil filter out it just squirts a little bit out of the bottom hole of the filter nothing else...:( One damn thing after another i just want one damn year without a problem lol...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
because my oil is so damn black with being a fresh build looks like i have a thousand miles on it when i only have 250-300 tops. black as black. damn headgaskets...

I found the culprit but not sure what it is. something clogged my screen in the tank and i washed it all the way out and a bunch of chunky gooey paper towel looking stuff came out of it. Any ideas on what that might be? Maybe i forgot a shop towel in there and ran it through:eek:

you were right again willy. Any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
because my oil is so damn black with being a fresh build looks like i have a thousand miles on it when i only have 250-300 tops. black as black. damn headgaskets...

I found the culprit but not sure what it is. something clogged my screen in the tank and i washed it all the way out and a bunch of chunky gooey paper towel looking stuff came out of it. Any ideas on what that might be? Maybe i forgot a shop towel in there and ran it through:eek:

Was it sluggy oil in the tank ?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts

Shop towel lint........did you use paper towels.....

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no paper towels but i must of left one in the timing chain :eek:. Cleaned the tank completely hoses ran some 5-20 through her and she sure does pump now lol..ran it for about 30mins and now letting it cool down to take it all apart again just to make sure ive got it all out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts