Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went trail riding with my 660 the otherday and my bike kept stopping and I would have to wait aa minute or 2 for it to start , and then the starter wasn't catching it sounded like it was just spinning , but then when I would rool the bike it would start up for a bit but I couldn't turn it offf or the starter would spinn and when I got home to put it in the garage it barely wanted to move in first it would move a hair but then it moved more and more what's wrong needd help

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I went trail riding with my 660 the otherday and my bike kept stopping and I would have to wait aa minute or 2 for it to start , and then the starter wasn't catching it sounded like it was just spinning , but then when I would rool the bike it would start up for a bit but I couldn't turn it offf or the starter would spinn and when I got home to put it in the garage it barely wanted to move in first it would move a hair but then it moved more and more what's wrong needd help
You got more then one problem that I can see, please explain in more detail EACH problem.............
Sounds like a one way problem and possible fuel problem, but it is hard to decipher your explanation.............

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thanks for the help ok here we go , when I'm riding my bikee shuts off sometimes and It won't startt right away I gotta wait like 3 minutes and then maybe it starts or longer , or some ttimes when I shut my bike off and try to restartt it ssounds like the starter isn't gripping and its just spinning , also yesterday when I got home from riding it barly wanted to move in 1st It moved a inch till I kept reving it and it finnaly started moving well there youu go

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
1st, ware are you located. Sounds like ya need a new one way. Posible a clutch issue & a fuel issue to start off. When it does crank does it fire right up?
& welcome to the RF..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The starter when u try to start it its not ccatching I guess it sounds like its just spinning but sometimes it does turn on and when u start it it sounds like somethings hitting but I'm not sure and yesterday I was reving it in 1st and it barely wanted to move it moved a slight bit and 30 seconds later it started moving

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in miami florida and it does starrt up but I gotta wait like 20 miutes more or less for it to catch and turn on starter sounds like its sleeeping or somethingi

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The starter when u try to start it its not ccatching I guess it sounds like its just spinning but sometimes it does turn on and when u start it it sounds like somethings hitting but I'm not sure and yesterday I was reving it in 1st and it barely wanted to move it moved a slight bit and 30 seconds later it started moving
Ok, sounds like ya need a new one way, thats what catches & turns the motor over. once she starts it will free spin the other way...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
The 660 service manual says 5-10mm (0.20-0.30in) of free play should be in your lever. Loosen the locknut at the clutch and turn the screw. If your not getting any free play from it, theres another adjustment down by the clutch cover about 1/4 up the cable, use that.

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
1) No idea, from your descriptions as of yet, as to why it dies every few minutes - try removing the gas cap and see if it still does it, OR switch from normal to reserve and see if it changes - could be fuel delivery problems.

2) the lack of starter catching and turning the engine over is a bad starter one-way clutch - it will need to be replaced, preferably with an L&A aftermarket unit that will last a lot longer.

3) Follow others suggestions for clutch adjustment as an answer to it not wanting to move when the engine IS running.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts