Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the carb out cleaned it and messed with the air/gas mixture screw (barely turned it counterclock wise not even a quarter turn) on the left carb and put it back in thinking it would fix my problem with it wanting to die when idling and sputtering in 1st and it wouldn’t start, so I took it out again and looked over everything and changed it back to normal now it still won’t start and this thing by the battery keeps making a weird sound, plz help
Automotive tire Finger Motor vehicle Engineering Electrical wiring

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Master of the Electron
16,035 Posts
Is the sound like a buzzzz? Your battery is dead.

·
Registered
196 Posts
These are some good fuel air screws and are easier to adjust when the carbs are on the bike.
Try adjusting by lightly seated then 2-1/2 to 3 turns out.
If you have Chin-waus carbs good luck. If the battery is dead charging seems to be a very temporary bandaid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fan and lights will still run when there isn't enough juice to actually start it. I've been running a powersports battery from NAPA for 3 years with no charging, maybe pick one up if you have a napa near by.

·
Master of the Electron
16,035 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just used some carb cleaner to get the dirt out, I put the mixture screw back to normal and it fired up only problem now is sometimes when I’m idling or clutch in it starts to rev or idle super high and at some points will back fire but it only does it sometimes then other times it rides fine

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how many turns should they normally be? It has a tusk air filter box (closed). What I mean by “normal” is how I got it, it ran good but would sometimes low idle in neutral and die and would sputter when accelerating, I turned it not even a quarter turn and it wouldn’t start, I had turned it back to what I got it at “normal” now sometimes it idles super high when neutral or clutch in, and will backfire. Other times it runs fine

·
Master of the Electron
16,035 Posts
Your carbs need a much more thorough cleaning and your clutch circuit needs to be unstuck.

You have similar questions, now, in three seperate threads. This just confuses the issues..

·
Master of the Electron
16,035 Posts
Okay I’m not sure where the clutch circuit is located at
Sorry, brain fart... I meant to write CHOKE circuit - choke lever, cable, enrichment piston (which is likely stuck), etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts