Raptor Forum banner

need help bad

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  raptsson 
#1 ·
ok a little while ago i had a problem of no spark on my bike. i thought i had it figured out and that it was a cdi box. well i ordered a cdi box off a feller on here and tried starting it yesterday. still no fire. i put the spark tester in the wire boot and it will sometimes make a spark jump when i let off of the start switch.like it was before. i got to fooling with some of the wires (shaking them and such) and it started making a little spark. but the battery was almost dead so it didnt turn it over fast enough to start. i need any ideals it has been 2 months since i have been able to ride. any help would be appreciated. :3question: :3question:

thanks, john miller

#7 ·
It very well could be your battery. Even if it sounds like its turing over fast enough the volatge drop can be to great to fire the ignition.Try jumping it off with a car or truck. Use the same method of jumping off a car. Give a little more than idle from the jump vehicle to make sure the volatge is up.
I have seen this happen a BUNCH of times from weak batteries.Espcially on Raptors.

#10 ·
I had this problem before. Look at all the wires from your cdi connection box. I had to put some washers ( 2) on the bolts to get more space between the cdi box and the plastic because the wires were touching or rubbing on the plastic cause some damage to the wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.