Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok long story short last weekend riding on the trails my 03' died and i checked for spark and nothing disconnected the module on back ribbed on and there is spark i try starting without module in nothing poured gas into the carbs and it started but backfireing like crazy and the headers got red as hell. while it was running we hooked the module back and it was still running but with a little throttle. What can be wrong with it checked the valves which seem good? Fuel? Spark? where should i start.

I also disconnected the parking brake and seprated one of the plugs other left as is and it ran fine for at like 5 hrs until it died out. I did notice since last year it seems slower. Also the compression is at 95 psi

Please any help will be appreciated ? Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
not sure if this would be the same but i had a problem with bad backfiring and no power when my gas cap vent was plugged.. soon as i undid the cap i heard air rush in.. maybe??

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I would say a carb problem somewhere. What setup are you running for exhaust and air filter? Engine mods?

Be sure your carb boots are good on both ends, air filter to carb and carb to intake manifold. Clean your carbs out and check to see if your floats are functioning properly. You can get tons of info on the carbs in the Clear Tube Method Sticky. Here : http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=5817.0

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
compression is at 95psi....??? I believe at when cranking (when the decomp is engaged) it should be around 130. after that higher. run another comp check to make sure those readings are correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts