Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy and girls,

My Rappy and YFZ have been in my garage for the past couple of months do to to it being too cold outside to ride. Last night and tonight I wanted to start them up and let them run for a lil while. I jumped on my Rappy and no go. Nothing! SO i took the seat off and jumped started her. She fired up not problems. Same with the YFZ. Jumped her and she fired fired up.

Now the problems is that I have let them run for 10-15min each and once I shut them off they will not fire back up. I have to jump started them every time. I rode both of them many times this last fall. They are both brand new. 07 Rappy and 06 YFZ.

WHat the hell is going on???????????

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Sounds like ya need 2 hook em up to a battery charger......the rectifer system wont recover a completly dead battery on either machine....a night on the charger for each of em and they should be good 2 go

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK cool thanks.

Guess I be buyig one soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
use a slow charge and follow instructions,might want to purchase 2 battery tenders that'll keep charged to correct voltage always while not in use.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't understand... they were in a heated garage. Why would the batteries just die completely?

My raptor has been sitting outside..It's been down to the -30 for a bit.. and now its jumped back up to about 0ish.. I went to go try and start it.. of course the battery was a little low... I brought an extra battery out.. jumped it.. let the atv run for a while.. turned it off... and it cranked right back up.

I figured his atvs would be fine in the heated garage? :3question:

·
Registered
109 Posts
might be old gas so drain the gas and run some good gas threw it it happend with my old atv know it works great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
fill em up with fresh gas and stabalizer, charge battery and let them sit. Next season replace gas with fresh stuff, new plug, recharge battery then go ride!!

by the way.. where are you at -30degrees... damn. :crazy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts