Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am fairly to really interested in getting a new atv, the honda recon 250 i have is nice and all but i think i will give it to my 14 year old brother so he can get rid of his 87 honda 250. I am looking at raptor 700r or a grizzly 700. i am 19 my family has a cabin 2 hours away from my house and we have trails, creeks, sand near the river and just a great place for riding especially in the fall and winter. i am interested in the speed and performance and features of the raptor but i am thinking the chain and the lower ground clearence will get screwed up in the gravel,sand, and water. please help any coments will be great.

·
Registered
824 Posts
i live in a bumpy/rocky place and i havnt hit yet (i watch where i go still till i order the skid plates) but i from what i read on here, theres tires that lift it up a little but yet dosnt effect the performance of the machine. i dont think u would have much problem. i got through rivers that go about to my feet and went through it fine. i guess depends on what your looking for, me myself i like the speed and accel. on the rappy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think you'll find if you are in lots of mud and water during the Winter, the 4X4 could shine through real nice. There's nothing better than having at least one ute to do the grunt work of any machine stuck, rolled etc. the ute can carry a winch, ropes, cargo box etc.
If you're going to do fast trail riding, dunes etc the Rapti is hard to beat.
I'm liking how BRP came out with the 800 4WD sport quad, looks to be promising BUT wwwwayyyyy pricy.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I would get a grizzly for a cabin. PW stearing, 4wd, wench, hitch... I can see all the being very handy around the cabin. JMO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i am leaning toward the griz. http://www.abernathycycles.com/ that seems like a chep place to get a bike and it will make a nice little 3 hour trip from my house. like i said i am 19 and still in school and stuff so money is tight but my parents pay for my car and my car insurance and bought my 250 so i am thinking getting the grizzly because the last year i have just been thinking and beliving in the philosphy you only live once so you might as well do what you want while you are here. plus i am going to major in education and be a teacher so i will have weekends and summers off 8) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
chevy_jlewis said:
plus i am going to major in education and be a teacher so i will have weekends and summers off 8) :thumbsup:
An no money so buy your toys while your parents are helping... Just Kidding :lol:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I dont see how you can be a teacher, all my teachers hated me! Now they have taken spanking out of school... I guess that is what egged me on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts