Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a raptor 700 (stock) , i always ride on dunes and racing up dunes i want to know what are the best mods i can add to it (i won aginst half of the moded banshees there)
i was thinking Dobeck Performance TFI Electronic Jet Kit, Velocity Air Filter, FMF Factory 4 and 15 tooth front sprocket.

(sry about by english :p)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does 15tooth sproket help in dunes
cuz i heard it only helps in topspeed only :/

·
Registered
37 Posts
the 15 tooth sprocket changes your gear ratio, giving you more top speed(top end). In doing this, your rear tires will spin a lot less and hook up and go more taking off. The 700 raptors stock gearing spins away most of your power from 1st to 3rd gear. TRUST ME, this is one of ths first things i read on this forum, and IT WORKS!! Like someone before me said, "have you ever noticed how your raptor pulls like a freight train in 4th-5th? With the 15 tooth sprocket, it will pull like a freight train in EVERY GEAR". Your raptor pulls harder in 4th and 5th because none of your engine's power is wasted or "spun away". When you hit the gas in those gears (4th & 5th) , your tires hook up. think of it like limited slip transmissions on a car. You have two of the same cars lined up for a drag race. One has LSD(limited slip differential) and the other dosen't. Both mash the gas when the light turns green. One car spins out like crazy, while the other barely chirps his wheels, hooks up, and goes. BASICALLY the same concept... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
my brother also has a raptor with the same engine mods as mine except the 15T, and before i had it we would sit togeather in a drag now if the strip isnt more than 1km i cant catch him .... it takes a long time to get to that top end .... in my opinion the 15T isnt the best mod for dunes ..... im getting a cam and having it gas-flowed and then im goin to see what it does to the 14T ... :thumbsup: i also find it quite difficult to lift it in 3rd now with the 14T you cant keep it down...... :3question: i havnt realy tried it on track yet but believe it'll be good!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.