Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 yamaha raptor 660
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an 05 raptor 660 that needs some serious work ive always been interested in raptors but always rode honda 450s but anyway i cant seem to find any blue oem part numbers to buy brand a new front fender for my raptor. if yall could help me out id appreciate it.

·
Registered
2005 yamaha raptor 660
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any ideas i found one site selling 05 front fender oem part but it doenst say color im trying to match my rears with the blue, thats my quad in the picture

·
VIP
1,022 Posts
I'm surprised you were able to find a set of new fenders. They have been discontinued from Yamaha for quite some time.

The part number for the blue front fender is #5LP-W2151-00-00

The part numbers for the other available colors end in....

-10-00 = Black
-20-00 = White
-30-00 = Gray

·
Registered
2005 yamaha raptor 660
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you know the part numbers for blue rears as well. im going to wait to order plastic around the new year i just wanna make the quad look good and not crappy like it does now. im a 450 guy and this raptor has suprised me in a good way... and just to think it will do that with 25 or 26inch mud tires on the back (dude i bought it from must have been mudding) but anyway im excited to see what shell do with 20s on back. thank you for your help i will keep with info for when i order fenders.

·
Registered
287 Posts
do you know the part numbers for blue rears as well. im going to wait to order plastic around the new year i just wanna make the quad look good and not crappy like it does now. im a 450 guy and this raptor has suprised me in a good way... and just to think it will do that with 25 or 26inch mud tires on the back (dude i bought it from must have been mudding) but anyway im excited to see what shell do with 20s on back. thank you for your help i will keep with info for when i order fenders.
You think its faster than the 450's you rode?
I wonder if it's geared down with that crazy big of tires.

·
Registered
2005 yamaha raptor 660
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You think its faster than the 450's you rode?
I wonder if it's geared down with that crazy big of tires.
idk yet it def feels like it has more torque i still havent mounted up some 20s for the rear and we got some work to do with the front end, i would be scared to ride it to fast bc the tie rods need to be adjusted, but i will def let you know once we get it running right and everything, down here in my area before i bought my raptor (which as you can tell is in rough shape) everybody said to stay away since then i let a couple of those guys putt around on this raptor and they were impressed too

·
Registered
287 Posts
idk yet it def feels like it has more torque i still havent mounted up some 20s for the rear and we got some work to do with the front end, i would be scared to ride it to fast bc the tie rods need to be adjusted, but i will def let you know once we get it running right and everything, down here in my area before i bought my raptor (which as you can tell is in rough shape) everybody said to stay away since then i let a couple of those guys putt around on this raptor and they were impressed too
Huh. I wonder how a piped 450 would be acceleration wise. I know they are already pretty quick. My gf rode her dads fuel injected with hmf exhaust and she said it was dang fast. And she also almost wheelied over, but she also never actually cranks my raptor cause "She doesn't want to hurt it" I really wanna drag race it though cause i'm curious to compare. I've heard a lot of people say they smoke 450's

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
700 vs 450
The 700 will win in a drag race(machine vs machine, as ultimately...it's all in the rider).
The 450's transmission's gears are closer ratios, which helps keep the rpm's higher as you shift, and can make accelerating out of corners a little quicker, along with a lower center of gravity.
Both have similiar top end speeds(and 450 is a 6 speed), but it takes the 450 just a little longer to get there.
You'll have to keep the 450 high in the revs to hang with the 700 too.
2 noticeably different machines to ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts