Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got most of it put back together and so far most of it went very well. Now Im down to the last few things and ran into a major problem. I have a WK54 Tb with FCI&tubing. Once I put it on the motor I can not get my seat on. From the pictures you can tell how high it sits up and I even took it off the TB and took a picture with just the seat on so you can tell how high it really is. I have tried turning the tube every way possible and Im sure that is as far as it goes down on the TB so Im clean out of ideas. Maybe its the wrong tube idk? If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Something is wrong there. I sold my FCI when I got my 54 cause it didn't fit. I got the one from WK themselves. Maybe your tube is from another bike. A packaging accident or something idk but everything good with mine except you need to throw away the boot between head and tb and use a match ported oem boot if not the tb gonna fall off.

Mine fits fine with new oem boot. Looks like you got wrong tube or tb at wrong angle. Mine sits low and bolts right to frame see the tab that holds the tube.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something is wrong there. I sold my FCI when I got my 54 cause it didn't fit. I got the one from WK themselves. Maybe your tube is from another bike. A packaging accident or something idk but everything good with mine except you need to throw away the boot between head and tb and use a match ported oem boot if not the tb gonna fall off.

Mine fits fine with new oem boot. Looks like you got wrong tube or tb at wrong angle. Mine sits low and bolts right to frame see the tab that holds the tube.
Yea, yours look nice but something went way wrong with mine and I cant figure it out yet.

·
Registered
415 Posts
do you always have to cut the frame for a fci? i never saw that before.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Nothing that I can think of.
No what I mean is what are you using for the coupler? the blue hose or the stock one? If you used the blue hose you have to cut it down to the same length as the stock one. If you use the stock one you have to open up the inside to match the TB. It's best to use the stock one and open it up inside!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
No what I mean is what are you using for the coupler? the blue hose or the stock one? If you used the blue hose you have to cut it down to the same length as the stock one. If you use the stock one you have to open up the inside to match the TB. It's best to use the stock one and open it up inside!
If the tb is on at the correct angle you got the wrong intake tube and filter. Mine sets below the frame seat goes on perfect. Your gonna need to make sure you got tb at correct angle if so it's gotta be wrong tube. Chris would agree with that after seeing how mine is. I'm not the best quad mechanic but got 54 to work but needed help. You gotta use the oem boot match
Ported to the bigger TB. It's a pain in the ass for what ya spent for it,lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im using the blue one so that has to be my problem. So I need the oem one and I have to port it. I see stuff going wrong fast!:cool:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That's what I was trying to say. It's nit that bad really. The blue hose will just fall off on the first big bump. Trust me I put mine on about 30 times,before getting the proper oem boot. I still think you got wrong tube(intake) or your TB is at an extreme angle.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what I was trying to say. It's nit that bad really. The blue hose will just fall off on the first big bump. Trust me I put mine on about 30 times,before getting the proper oem boot. I still think you got wrong tube(intake) or your TB is at an extreme angle.
I have to agree with you Spider. Even with a ported OEM boot I dont see that angle coming down to much. Maybe when I redo it things will change but I tried it every way possible and no luck. This one problem could keep me stranded for two weeks:(

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That sucks. I'd call WK cause they could have put one in for another 700 idk

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
When you used the blue one was it the same length as the stock boot? Because in the pic even your TB is sticking up above the frame. What did you do with your stock boot?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts