Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited it from my brother, and it has sat for a while. It's an 03 Raptor 660, I know it has a full Yoshi exhaust system on it, but I don't know if he ever did anything with the carbs or not. I'm looking for the most detailed walkthrough on cleaning the carbs. Should I just disassemble and clean them? Or buy a rebuild kit? And if I go rebuild, which kit? Do I need to take the carbs apart to see what jets are in it first?

I also know the starter is just spinning... not sure what it is. The thing hasn't ran in quite a while, and it was starting fine last time it ran... From what I've read, it could be the starter clutch or the woodruff key?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
If it dosent start with the starter and starts by pull starting then yes it could be the starter one way. If it sat for a long time you need to take the carbs out and really clean them spotless like really really spotless, dump the old gas because it surely has varnished over and will just clog your carbs.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I inherited it from my brother, and it has sat for a while. It's an 03 Raptor 660, I know it has a full Yoshi exhaust system on it, but I don't know if he ever did anything with the carbs or not. I'm looking for the most detailed walkthrough on cleaning the carbs. Should I just disassemble and clean them? Or buy a rebuild kit? And if I go rebuild, which kit? Do I need to take the carbs apart to see what jets are in it first?

I also know the starter is just spinning... not sure what it is. The thing hasn't ran in quite a while, and it was starting fine last time it ran... From what I've read, it could be the starter clutch or the woodruff key?
Here is a thread on carb cleaning...................

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20

Your other problem is your one way clutch is defective, get a L&A for a replacement.....................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts