Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need directions on how to change the cover, my chain popped off and cracked the original. I have a replacement and wanna try to ride asap.
Someone hook me up with some direction and diagrams would be nice or a link or something.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There should be about 10 or so 8mm bolt going all the way around the case. Make sure to drain your oil before you change it because if you don't oil will go all over the place. Remove all the bolts going around the case and then there should be 4 more straight in front of your starter. Remove those as you will probably need to reuse that cover. Next there should be 3 allen bolts I believe they are 5mm holding your stator in. There should be 2 more that hold in a cover that your stator wires would be routed under. Remove those and then do the comlete opposite of what I told ya. Refill with oil and there ya go. Make sure to get a new gasket or use some gasket sealant stuff.

·
Registered
204 Posts
No problem. You can get away without using a actual gasket. Since there isn't really any pressure in there you could just use some gasket maker. I can't remember what it is called. Maybe RTV. Idk so don't ".." me on that.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
668rap said:
No problem. You can get away without using a actual gasket. Since there isn't really any pressure in there you could just use some gasket maker. I can't remember what it is called. Maybe RTV. Idk so don't ".." me on that.
RTV or in our case, "Yamabond" availible at your local dealership.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK well i got everything fixed and it funs ok but it wont start now and there is a buzzing noise coming from under the seat. Do i need to replace it? Its the one near the battery with the 2 fuses in it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That would be the starter solenoid. Try charging your battery. If your battery is fully charged but you still hear a clicking sound let us know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts