Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i just picked up an 05 raptor 660 and it was running fine and mint the day I got it shifted fine and didnt feel any problems. and now there is a problem i think with the clutch, when i start it up in netural ever thinh is fine engin runs fine, I pull in the clutch and step into first and slowly start to go into a slow roll, as the clutch is still pulled slightly and then when i give it power and release the clutch and give it gas it goes nowhere. I shif up to see if that would help and still no power and i just sit there and wont move, i can defently tell that it wants to go just nothing is happing, I think it has something to do with the clutch, the think wont buge no matter what i tried, I have no clue what is going on i have never seen this on any of my bikes and would love if someone could help me out. thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you checked the cable adjustment.

Do this first before assuming the worst. Could be the cable is too tight so the clutch is not disengaging when you release the lever.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
What oil are you running?- is it wet clutch comatible?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so I just fired it up and it still is going nowhere when it should be blasting, im running spectro in it right now and the cable is fine nice and tight on every pull and just rolls then stops

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Try starting in 2nd gear- Same thing?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Take the clutch cover off and inspect the clutch. When my 660 did this same thing i took her apart and i have 3 plates totally trashed.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
it would move but as soon as you gave it any throttle it would just rev. i understand yours is worse than mine but i do believe yours is a clutch problem. Easy and relatively cheap fix.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Well, it is a pain in the ass to get the clutch cover on and off. As long as your somewhat mechanically savvy its a very easy job. Just have to wrestle with the cover a little. If your not mechanically savvy, buy some beer and have your friends over. Its not a 10 minute job, more like 1-2 hrs depending on how smoothly it goes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have fun with the bottom left bolt, it's a pain in the butt. Besides that, fairly easy, but make sure u keep the bolts in the right spot cause there are likefour different sizes of bolts and they strip fairly easily. Let's us know how it goes. If you need new clutches, I would suggest DP clutches. I love them! Good luck :)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok so I just fired it up and it still is going nowhere when it should be blasting, im running spectro in it right now and the cable is fine nice and tight on every pull and just rolls then stops
The cable should have freeplay when the clutch is disengaged, (handle loose) 1/16 inch...............

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the help guys im going to start looking and prep everything now and start this project and while im down in that area is there anything else I should look at and change because im broke im going to order parts of some web site and don't want to spend over like 300 bucks on this project and any other clutch suggestions?? Just making shure you all think its the clutch disk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts