Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK just instaled a CP 12 to 1 piston, Web cam stage III, and P and P the head. The rapy runs great but dies at idle now. If I give it just a bit of gas to keep the idle up slightly it idles just fine. How would I adjust the idle up slightly so it will stay running? I do not think a new map will do this or will it? I can see what looks like an idle screw but do not want to mess it up if that is not what is for. Thank You for help with this.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If it looks like a screw with a spring on it then it's the idle screw. If I remeber correctly its on the left side where the throttle body area is. turn it a couple of turns and see which way turns the idle faster.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Turn it, if it don't work, turn it back. :lol: It is the idle screw! Eureka!! :thumbsup:

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool will try the one with the spring, thank You

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was told from Jaime @ Fuel Moto to adjust idle there is a screw on back of throttle and that would bring idle down (in my situation) might help you to bring yours up.Good Luck

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
yes the screw w/ a spring on it is the idle screw. located on the left side of bike on the throttle body, turn to right clockwise will raise idle turn left counter clockwise reduce idle. good luck..

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The big screw with the spring under the screw with painted lines did not work, I went 10 turns each directions and it made very little change in the idle, I will try a new map and see if this helps idle. If any one has a photo that would be great. Thank you for the help

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
The screw with the spring on it is definately the idle screw. Turn it two full turns and wait 30 seconds. It takes a bit of time for it to catch up to the adjustment.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sorry....I never specified ....He said the screw on back of the thumb throttle...on handle bars...Like I say i have not tried yet but let me know if it works.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
No the screw on the thumb throttle is the Govenor / speed limiter. This will not affect the idle.

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep that was the one I was adjusting, I will give it more time. I also need a new map because the pipes were getting red hot when I was reving it up. So I am lean with the new piston, I will try the LTE map from Fuel Moto, I sent them a note and they might get me a new map just for this setup. So thank you for the photo that is just what I needed and I will try it again after the new map and I will give it more time. Other than cutting out at very low idle the rapy runs great I hope the stage III cam will still alow a good idle.

GYTR filter with addaptor
lid off
CP 12 to 1 piston
Web cam stage III
KB valve springs
PP head
Monster quad EX
PCIII USB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts