Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't drink and work on the Raptor. :help:

I am waiting for my motor and swing arm to get it here, so I pullled the axle and the swingarm. I was having a few cold ones and when I took the axle nut off, I only took out one of the set screws and we know there are two. What it did was stip about 75% of the threads on the axle. What are my options. I am on a budget. I just blew my wad on that 797/8Mil stoker motor from Kenz and my swingarm from T Dub.

Help!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
a new gforce axle is 200.00
Check Rocky mountain

·
Registered
259 Posts
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=10727.0
Kinda old post but he may still have it. If not its not rare to find one, just run a search. Gforce though if you can scrounge the money. About fixing the one you have wouldnt have any idea, if thats what you had in mind I would post a pic so people could see what you are working with, never know though.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Below is a pic of the axle with the striped threads that the axle nut goes

Waiting for all my parts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey sorry to hear about your f up :p Ive tried working on my truck while having a few and lets just say I wasted more time fixing my [email protected] the next day than anything. :banghead: Anyway I just bought a new RPM axle from kbm and if you want a stocker Ill let you have mine for 85+ shipping. My new axle should be here this week, and I could pull it and ship it if you want it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer but I can get a new G Force for 200.00 delivered

RipnRaptor said:
Hey sorry to hear about your f up :p Ive tried working on my truck while having a few and lets just say I wasted more time fixing my [email protected] the next day than anything. :banghead: Anyway I just bought a new RPM axle from kbm and if you want a stocker Ill let you have mine for 85+ shipping. My new axle should be here this week, and I could pull it and ship it if you want it.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
i ended up buying extended hubs and decided not to sell mine until something happens to the stock one.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Take it to a machine shop and they'll fix it up for ya. They might not even charge ya if they are nice.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you don't buy a new axle take it to a machine shop they can probley build it up and re-thread it for 50-60 dollars.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will do that. The G Force axles are on backorder from Rock Mountain for at least two weeks.

snowman said:
If you don't buy a new axle take it to a machine shop they can probley build it up and re-thread it for 50-60 dollars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts