Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had wifes bike since new in 07 and never a problem until bike started boiling over last poker run and fan wasnt running so brought bike home unplugged sensor for fan on back of head and ran a jumper to battery and fan worked so bought new sensor for 45.00 at yamaha installed to have it still boiling over without fan kicking on. Need help got a big run coming.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sounds like the temp sensor that triggers the fan relay is bad.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Could be the fuse or connectors. Did you flush the rad? It could also be an air pocket stuck somewhere. Try to stand it up over knight and see if that makes the air pocket move. There has to be a heat sensor somewhere thats not kicking on. Check all connections and add some dialetic grease. The water pump might be going also if you never changed it before. I bet its the water pump but i am not 100% sure on that.

This might or might not help but im trying.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already put new temp sensor on.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I had a similar problem a while ago. Turned out the wire to the fan circuit breaker had a break in it. It's at the back under the seat below the relays and stuff

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thermostat.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Thermostat makes alot of sense!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On my way to pickup new thermostat. Hopefully this is it will check all connections meanwhile. thanks guys.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is also a circuit breaker under the seat that's wrapped in white tape that can rattle loose or blow. Also the fan relay could have problems. If you have a service manual there are steps that test every component in the cooling system.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wire to the circuit breaker broke. THANKS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts