Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i have two of the exact same quads 2004 raptor 660s one blue and one black.my black one starts up first click every time even in -20 weather.my blue takes forever to start even in warm weather todays was +8 out it took like 40 clicks to start it almost kills my battery just trying to start .then it stalls and cuts out unless i tap the gas every so often till it warms up even with the choke on and my black one i can start and leave it .also it feels way different to drive like its not as smooth and has less power which may be the fact the other one has exhaust and intake cant really explain its just not as nice to ride as the other one.the only diference that i know about the 2 is the black one has exhaust and k&n intake. do you know what the problem is?

·
Registered
65 Posts
sounds like the carbs need a good cleaning and/or adjustment. under 660 there are stickys all about cleaning and adjusting the carbs.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
so i have two of the exact same quads 2004 raptor 660s one blue and one black.my black one starts up first click every time even in -20 weather.my blue takes forever to start even in warm weather todays was +8 out it took like 40 clicks to start it almost kills my battery just trying to start .then it stalls and cuts out unless i tap the gas every so often till it warms up even with the choke on and my black one i can start and leave it .also it feels way different to drive like its not as smooth and has less power which may be the fact the other one has exhaust and intake cant really explain its just not as nice to ride as the other one.the only diference that i know about the 2 is the black one has exhaust and k&n intake. do you know what the problem is?
The K&N intake system still uses the stock air box. What differences between the two bikes jetting..............

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not done any Jetting but I bought them used from a dealership so the old owner could have don't know

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have not done any Jetting but I bought them used from a dealership so the old owner could have don't know
I suggest you dismantle the carbs and clean them, also compare jetting from one machine to the other, let us know what the jetting is................:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay i will take them apart this weekend what jety kit should i get the dynojet kit stage 2,vito kit or does it not really matter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts