Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so to install the pcv i took apart the plastic just as said and got it running from the back plugged to the battery, to the tb upper part and the second connector, plugged the second ends to the pvc harnest as well.
i am running motoworks slip on K&N air filter and no lid, connected the pcv to the comp and loaded it with a map of "White Brothers slip-on exhaust, Pro Design intake , K&N air filter, Airbox lid removed" witch is pretty close.
it wont start up and if it is with some gas it makes black smoke from the exhust.
tried other maps too, everything stock map and it still does not work, what is the problem?
btw if it is running with the pcv software the software shows its in 0% throttle then 100% throttle (it blinks from 0 to 100 quickley)
heres a video of the installation
please help me!

video:

http://youtu.be/siP7-xFUwtI

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Damn, sucks man. I just installed one on mine, and it fired right back up. I wish I could help you, but like your video states, everything is in the right place. All I could advise is re checking all wiring and conections. ECU, IGNITION, ETC... Maybe try starting it without the USB attached, and software running, although I doubt it makes a difference

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks 660, happy your works fine! i dont even know where the problem is, the wiring is 100% ok, i think it has to do with the map. what map are you running?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and another thing, i live in Israel which sits right at sea level height and its around 32-38C here all the time, i think it should affect the map adjustments?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Since the plastics are off, and assuming tank isn't re-bolted, just unplug PC V, n put stock harnesses back together. Make sure it starts, then you know if it is unit or quad. Try a map from the PC website. Get one close to you mods, and upload it to PC V, then re-connect and try to start it. Not sure of my current map. It was programmed prior to arrival, and I only hav PC III

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah did that, when put together stock it runs great, i did uploaded it with a map from pcv and the result are in the first post =\

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would be great, i only runs motorworks slip on, K&N air filter and no airbox lid.
but again i think you should consider the altitude in israel which sits low..
thanks again man!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i figured out the problem, no matter what map i am using even the zero map when i try to fire it up the pcv program shows 100 fuel adj. and the quad spits black smoke meaning it is injecting too much fuel.
and after 5-10 seconds of firing it up with throttle it finally settle's and the starting to adjust by the rpm in normal number (3-15)
also one more thing when i start it up and its running the throttle blinks between 0% and 100% very rapidly even if i am not touching the throttle.

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
ok i figured out the problem, no matter what map i am using even the zero map when i try to fire it up the pcv program shows 100 fuel adj. and the quad spits black smoke meaning it is injecting too much fuel.
and after 5-10 seconds of firing it up with throttle it finally settle's and the starting to adjust by the rpm in normal number (3-15)
also one more thing when i start it up and its running the throttle blinks between 0% and 100% very rapidly even if i am not touching the throttle.

any ideas?
Faulty unit? My guy hasn't emailed me back yet on the map, but you say no map works anyway, so maybe it's the unit?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i really want to believe its not and its firmware problem or something because i just got it from ebay seller and its a big mess turning it back..

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i know ur out of country but i would try calling them . e-mails take for ever to get the right response. ive read of someone having a firmware problem and just required an update. (kind of the same thing thats going on with yours.)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
luckily they answered pretty fast:
Nevo,

Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your interest and support of our products.

Sound like your PCV is not working correctly. I would suggest a firmware update. If that doesn’t solve the problem, it would require sending the unit back to us. All PCV’s are still under warranty, so we would fix or replace the unit. Please give us a call to get you return authorization if the firmware update does not fix your problem.

the latest firmware is in their site correct?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
luckily they answered pretty fast:
Nevo,

Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your interest and support of our products.

Sound like your PCV is not working correctly. I would suggest a firmware update. If that doesn’t solve the problem, it would require sending the unit back to us. All PCV’s are still under warranty, so we would fix or replace the unit. Please give us a call to get you return authorization if the firmware update does not fix your problem.

the latest firmware is in their site correct?
Should be. Got mine from there, the whole program really, because my disc would not properly install the software. Good luck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FINALLY
its solved!!!!
all of the problem was that in the "feature enable and input selection" the "start up fuel" was checked and had a value of 100!! that was it! now that it is unchecked the PCV fires up and works! all i need now is a good map because in most of the map i tried it backfired and if i gently pushed the throttle it idles down and shuts.
i have motoworks slip on, K&N air filter and no lid.
please if someone can get me a map i would be grateful.
there are no dynos here in israel (yes that sad..) so i cant get fine tuned, i can only use maps i download.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts