Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put new jets in on one side but the other side had two that stripped

and now i cant get the bottom off to change the other jet in the carb

is there any trick to get off the screws off once there stripped

thanks eric

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes! Your in luck. i assume you are talking about the screws that bolt on the float bowl. take a good phillipshead and a hammer. Turn the carbs upside down. place the phillips on the screw and at the same time TAP THE PHILLIPS (pretty good taps) and turn at the same time. This should loosen the screws. I feel ya buddy, it happened to me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I see your on-line. How did it work?

·
Registered
364 Posts
that works but an impact screwdriver works best....its a screwdriver that takes different size bits and has a large metal plate to smack with a hammer. The impact of the hammer results in a twisty motion and will usually break a stubborn screw or bolt. good luck and change out those philips for allen bolts available at any hardware store.

Max

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
tried the regular hammer method and it didn't work for me... Go to home depot and ask for a screw extractor. Simply put... its a drill bit with reversed threads.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Try this if your screws are stripped...IF you have a hacksaw: take off the blade and use it to file a gap on the head of the screws for a flat blade screw driver. Make it big enough to fit a larger flat blade, small enough that the gap isn't as big as the screw head. I've seen this work before..Just a suggestion..
RT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts